cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Derry51
Mentor

Price increase for monthly Cinema pass?

Hi

I've just noticed that it looks like the Now TV Sky Cinema monthly pass is increasing in price to £11.99 a month from early April 2019. See the link below and click on 'Terms and conditions' for details of this.

https://www.nowtv.com/pass-bundles/movies

and https://www.nowtv.com/pass-bundles

This makes the vouchers which can as be purchased in many stores even better value at the moment. The Cinema passes can still be bought for £15.00 for 2 months of Sky Cinema. I wonder if these will go up in price soon as well? Hopefully the monthly Entertainment pass will stay the same price.

Derry

33 Replies
Tolmie35
Scholar

Re: Price increase for monthly Cinema pass?

£11.99. for 720p and stereo audio, there having a laugh. The films are rubbish aswell.

MarkB1
Scholar

Just noticed this myself, way too expensive unless the promised full HD is introduced.  I have seen quite a few adverts for £10/m for Cinema on the Sky platform, albeit with a long term contract.  Still would expect NowTV to be cheaper though.

Tolmie35
Scholar

I was paying £6 for sky movies from the sat platform, Ive even cancelled that, it comes off the end of this month.

0 Thanks
Jasefox
Scholar

I agree totally!! If from April (when price goes up) it's still 720p and stereo....I'm OUT!! I don't mind paying a little extra if it goes Full HD and 5.1 surround.

@MarkB1 wrote:

Just noticed this myself, way too expensive unless the promised full HD is introduced.  I have seen quite a few adverts for £10/m for Cinema on the Sky platform, albeit with a long term contract.  Still would expect NowTV to be cheaper though.

You have to remember that although it says £10 for Cinema on the Sky platform you also have to 1st subscribe to the basic entertainment pack, bringing the price to at least £32. Personally I think Sky Cinema has got far worse in terms of content, but if you do have to sub to it then it will still be cheaper via NowTV as opposed to full fat Sky.

Highlighted
Wlat
Expert

Yes, it is going up from £9.99 per month to £11.99 per month with effect from 3rd April.

You can still get a 2-month Cinema Gift Voucher for £15 from Currys and some supermarkets, but they may not be available for much longer so if you want one or two get in quick!

Also, Netflix in proper HD is only £7.99 a month, and they have a much better library of movies - and box sets as well.  I don't know how Now TV can justify £11.99 a month.

Wlat

MikeyFett
Scholar 2

I have to say that we should be getting 1080P full HD if the price is going up. I'm not sure we will though...

SoddentbigFoot
Advocate

I just left sky broadband price  so over the top there having a laught and now with this now tv price increase for movies. I can't even get half the films on now tv, all the dinisy films seem to be taken off. no toy story no Sing. Sky you are so out of touch and your sky tv is rubbish.

0 Thanks
Bazman1

I was thinking of getting the cinema pass but not now.

A 20% price hike, not sure how they can justify that!