cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akholloway013
Advocate

Oscars 2023

Hi, what subscription do i need to be able to watch the oscars? 

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Akholloway013 

To watch live you can have either an Entertainment or Cinema Membership, where it's on both Sky Showcase and Sky Cinema Oscars.

If you want the live red carpet event has well at 11pm on Sunday, then this is only on Sky Showcase with an Entertainment Membership.

There is a 2 hours highlights repeat on both the live Sky Showcase and Sky Cinema Oscars channels on Monday evening.

I also would expect around just under 2 hours of highlights on catchup with either Membership on Monday evening or Tuesday going on last year's experience.

Martin_14
Expert

It also Live on Sky Arts and Sky News this year so a Now Subscription isn't needed.

N0WTVSucks
Advocate

Wait, that's crazy. Still, I don't want to stay up all night.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Martin_14 

Well spotted, where I have just checked the TV Guide for Sky Arts and Sky News and you are absolutely right 👍👍.

Sky kept that quiet, where all the internet articles I have come across on the internet only mentioned Sky Showcase and Sky Cinema Oscars.

N0WTVSucks
Advocate

I caught some of it live last night. Where can I watch it on demand? Sorry for not understanding the first reply, I'm new to this terrible platform. I'm not looking for highlights, just the whole thing. I subscribe to Entertainment and Cinema. Thanks!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @N0WTVSucks 

NOW have tweeted that the Oscars will be added to their on Demand service later today.

Like last year there will only be highlights (going on last year I expect around 2 hours) and not a repeat of the full ceremony which was roughly 3 hours 40 minutes.

If you can't wait for the Oscars highlights to be added onto their on Demand service, then there is 2 hour highlights on the live channels tonight.

Where Sky Cinema Oscars starts at 7pm, Sky Showcase & Sky Arts starts at 8pm.

N0WTVSucks
Advocate

Thanks. As usual NowTV is being even basic streaming services like BBC iPlayer 😞 I can't believe I paid £10 solely for the privilege of watching it (because their app said it was available only through the Cinema package) only to discover than I can't even watch the whole thing after all... 

So either you watch it live LA time, or you miss it. How is any fan of the Oscars supposed to be happy with that arrangement? Good for NowTV, bad for customers.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @N0WTVSucks 

I don't think there has been a repeat of the full Oscars ceremony on Demand in a couple of years on NOW.

My guess it's a broadcasting rights issue and Sky / NOW are only permitted highlights on the repeats.

N0WTVSucks
Advocate

I'm new to Now. Just having the absolute worst experience with it. I hope HBO stops giving their license to Sky and can break free from this terrible app. I'd much rather give my money to HBO directly.