cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Irvinglord
Mentor

Oscars 2022

Will the Oscars 2022 ceremony be rebroadcast in full at 8am on Monday 28th?

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Irvinglord 

Going on last year's Oscars there was no full repeat broadcast or was the full ceremony on Demand.

From memory there was only extend highlights (around 2 hours long).

No idea at the moment at what times on Monday the 28th of the repeated broadcast on the live Sky Channels.

From what i could remember from last year the extended highlights on Demand took about 24 hours to be added to the NOW on Demand service (not sure if there was a delay NOW end).

Also last year (again from memory) you needed a NOW Cinema Membership to watch the Oscars live during the early hours of the morning and the repeat live linear broadcast and on Demand was available on both an Entertainment & Cinema NOW Membership.

Maybe download the free Sky + App on your smartphone or tablet and from Tuesday check the Sky TV schedule which only offers 7 days in advance.

You could also check the Radio Times online TV Guide which covers at the moment up to the 28th of March.

Also i don't know if this Radio Times article linked below gives any relevant information or not.

I am sure closer to the date more information will become available.

https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/oscars-2022-how-to-watch-uk/ 

Irvinglord
Mentor

Thanks so much, @schnapps! Yeah, I remember last year and there being no repeat of the full ceremony - I was so disappointed! Having a media blackout and watching the 8am showing has become a bit of a tradition for me so I hope it comes back this year!

Martin_14
Expert

Dont need a Now Cinema Membership the Oscars Live will be shown on Sky Showcase  at 2am on 28th.

There is a 2 hour repeat on Sky Max and Sky Showcase on 28th at 10pm.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Martin_14 

Just checked the Radio Times online TV Guide and you are absolutely right 👍.

Going on previous years i am sure to watch the Oscars live ceremony during the early hours of the morning it was only available via a Sky Cinema Pass (might be wrong).

Where on the Entertainment Pass you could only watch a repeat broadcast later in the day or on Demand (when it was eventually added).

Anyway good to know the live Oscars ceremony this year is available with a NOW Cinema or Entertainment Membership 😀😀.

Irvinglord
Mentor

I wonder if the full ceremony will show up on demand on Sky/NOW. I like the Oscars but not enough to stay up to watch them live!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

oh so maybe I will be able to watch on Now … new to all of this ! … the Oscar’s a good few years ago you could watch on regular TV !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can the Oscars be streamed on the entertainment membership or does this need an add-on?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

According to this link it’ll be on Sky Showcase which is available on the entertainment membership.

https://www.nme.com/news/film/how-to-watch-the-oscars-2022-in-the-uk-3189783

It will also be streamed on Sky cinema Oscars. So if you have either membership you will get to watch it live.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Super, thanks very much gavz82008!