cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV not playing any movies

Since Friday evening i have not been able to watch any movies, my pass doesn't expire until 29 October and I am watching on my PS4. No error comes up, it just shows a black screen and the loading icon but no matter how long I leave it nothing happens. What is going on?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

By the way my internet connection is fine and I am still able to stream from other services. There are no updates available since this is done automatically.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm having the same problem but with sky sports. Not been able to watch since last Friday. I understand from doing an online tech check that they are having problems with the now tv player as a message comes up. Doesn't seem to be any movement on sorting though. Also unable to watch Netflix. Both through the now tv box to tv. 

Sky sports pass renews tomorrow so currently paying for something we can't use. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have the same issue. Playing through Xbox one x, no issues for years but noticed today I cannot play any new content. Everything in 'continue watching' I can still watch and anything playing live I can watch. There are a select few (have been trying to play anything and have found 3 So far) random films I can watch but can't see a connection as to why those. Internet is fine, have deleted and reinstalled the app, have logged out and in again - no change. This leads me to believe it's a Now TV issue rather than my app's.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue on a Samsung tv.

Ui works but no movies load, just undless buffering icon spinning around.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same issue with only newer films. My internet is fine it is through Samsung tv with Ethernet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To add to this - I also have an Xbox one connected to a different tv in the same house that has the exact same issue

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Have you all tried to delete the app and reinstall it?

As this is a customer forum, your rants will normally go unheard. You are best to jump onto Live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Make sure click "chat to an advisor"

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem from this weekend on playing new movies on my Samsung LG tV as well?  Is there any solution yet?  Works fine on my iMac and other devices for new films.