cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV isn’t wotking

I was ready to watch the newly released Pitch Perfect 3 with my husband, son & daughter tonight but it seems there is an issue. Following message appears when trying to access NIW TV on the TV.

”Well, that didn’t go to plan...

NOW TV isn’t loading. Please try again in a bit.

How long do you class as “a bit”? I’ve been trying to re-load now for 1 1/2hours! Still no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forgot to mention, that I can watch it in my phone though

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Doing a search on the forums I found this thread about Samsung smart TV's having a black screen when trying to use the NowTV App.

Perhaps there is something in the thread that can point you in the right direction on a fix. 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Nothing-working-just-a-black-screen/m-p/469740#M6170

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my tv is an lg and Now Tv not working when i try to load the app

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have a LG smart TV with the inbuilt App, then have you tried rebooting your router and TV by pulling the electrical plug out for about 30 seconds to see if that fixes it.

Should you have no luck with the above, then perhaps try deleting the NowTV App off your TV, then re install the App again from your TV's App Store. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

started working again so don't know what happened

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought NOW TV online. I don’t have a box or a stick & it’s not pre-installed into my LG Smart TV.  Does anyone know the correct telephone number to speak to customer services at NOW?  I’m really grateful for your help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Our TV is an LG

Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV is an LG

Anonymous User
Not applicable

pulled the plug for 30 secs and now all is working on tv. not been a problem on app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

there is sound but no picture just a purple screen saying unaurherised access

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds like you are seeing the dreaded HDCP content protection message with the purple / pink screen.

If you are using a external device with an HDMI connection to your TV, then power down your TV and nowtv device, then temporary unplug the HDMI cable to both your TV and external device, then reconnect the HDMI cable again to see if that resolves it.

Should the message still be showing try a different HDMI port on your TV or a replacement HDMI cable.