cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Movies

Has anyone noticed that here is no good movies on here anymore yet we all pay 10 pounds a mouth it's a joke They have not add movies like 

The batman 

Fantastic beast 3

Jurassic world 3

Elvis 

Yet there is alot of old movies the batman was out away before the martix reload and  Enchanted movie to wot is the point and jack ass 4 and spiderman no way home this is a waste of money and time now tv has let everyone down alot off money and alot of people is paying for it to im thinking its a waste of time and all the money is going to staff and management wot a joke 

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Why have you posted this twice?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Now-tv-movies/td-p/590114/jump-to/first-unread-message

We are just customers like you on the forum. Staff won’t post reply’s about content offerings.

It’s all down to contracts and having to wait an age for new films to become available. Despite Minions Rise of Cru and Jurassic World Dominion already available on Peacock in the US.

Granted it’s beyond frustrating but there is sweet nothing we can do about it ☹️

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Martin_14
Expert

The Batman is supposed to be available on around 4th November according to Sky Cinema Top 100 Document, although it's been available on Sky Cinema in Germany since 2nd September so not sure why the UK is later.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Martin_14 
cause we get the short end of the stick for practically anything that is released 😡

Martin_14
Expert

The Batman is on Sky Cinema 2nd December 

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/sky-cinema-blockbusters

As for Universal Pictures distributed Movies in the UK, there 7-8 month window after Cinema before they appear on Sky Cinema or 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Martin_14 

It’s dire that we are still 7/8 months for Universal films. Where Peacock US is either same day as cinema or 45 days. 

Martin_14
Expert

Nope wasn't released after 45 days on Peacock in the US unlike say The Black Phone, it's only released on 19th November and we have misleading articles like this 

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/streaming/1417161/how-to-watch-nope

Martin_14
Expert

* Not sure what the window is after UK digital only release like Emily The Criminal.

starman73
Elite

I agree that what Now Cinema offers isn’t worth £10/month. I pay £1/month at present rising to £1.99/month at start of December. And £2/month for boost.  Always worth cancelling to get a retention offer or checking emails.

With so many new subscription services, the quality of the films on Now Cinema has fallen away in the last year or two.  Disney, Prime and Netflix have a lot of the recent top box office films along with some classics and Paramount + despite some overlap has taken a lot of the archive away.

I am quite happy with older movies.  Watched Chinatown at weekend, which was excellent.  And watched The Exorcist on BBC iPlayer on Halloween.  Wouldn’t mind a lot more 20th century movies.  Not seen The Last Seduction, Pacific Heights nor The Last Supper on a streaming subscription. Could probably add dozens more to that short list.

As for new movies, I tend to watch them via free codes I get as part of my £1 Telegraph subscription either at Vue (Banshees of Inisherin) or on chili.com (Where The Crawdads Sing). At least that way, I am not dependent on Sky getting the rights.

Martin_14
Expert

Of course Banshees of Inisherin is distributed by Disney's Searchlight Pictures, so will be on Disney+ after 45 days or so like, likely December along with 20th Century Studios 'Barbarian'