cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I watch Sky Cinema?

My Now TV hub arrived during the week and our broadband with Now TV went live on Friday. Before it went live, I took up the offer on the sky cinema pass for 5.99. How do I actually watch this on my tv? Sorry I’m new to this and we only just got a tv. TV is connected to the WiFi and I have downloaded the now tv app on my phone
I got a sky cinema pass receipt but I’ve had nothing further About how to actually watch the sky cinema movies
6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You need a supported playback device or NowTV App on your television.

Have a read of this link on ways to watch NowTV.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to say, go to My Account on here (person icon if using a phone) and from the drop down option menu select Passes & Vouchers.

Does it show an active cinema pass on your account ?

Have you tried using your smartphone with the NowTV App from your phone's App Store to see if the cinema pass plays (make sure you sign into the App with the details you used to purchase the cinema pass).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Great, thanks! It does show the pass here. So when I want to watch sky cinema... do I go to the now TV app and is it under movies??
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep, open the NowTV App and select movies, then pick any movie you want to watch.

From the link i posted do you own a device that you can connect to your TV ?

Or does your TV support the NowTV App ?

Out of curiosity what is the make and model of your TV, where only the newer LG and Samsung Smart Tv's should have the inbuilt NowTV App.

If you haven't anything suitable for your television, maybe look at a NowTV stick from Currys, Argos etc which would be the cheapest option (assuming your TV has a spare HDMI port).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. It’s working from my phone. I have a Sony TV
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Sony Smart TV's don't currently support the inbuilt NowTV App.

if you have a newer Sony Smart TV with the Android operating system, you may be able to cast from your phone to the Google casting function on the Sony TV (not screen mirroring).

Should your Sony TV not support Chromecasting, then consider the NowTV smart stick from places like Currys, Argos etc.

Also, just so you are aware you can have up to 6 registered devices on your account with two simultaneous streams.

BTW - Glad you got the movies working from your phone 👍.