cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help Please new to Now

I am watching a film on sky cinema with the subtitles on, iam watching on a Samsung smart tv, after 1 hour 40 minutes, the subtitles go off this applies to all films with sublitles, If I close the Now app  and then go back in and restart the film from when it goes off they come back on and i can continue to wath with subtitles untill the end of the film. I am partially deaf , so i need them,please help some one 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly i don't own a Samsung Smart TV, but it sounds like some sort of setting or adjustment needs to be undertaken on your television.

Never come across this before on the Community Forum when using the NOW App.

Does the same thing happen on other Apps that supports Subtitles, where the subtitles disappear off screen after 1 hour 40 minutes.

I won't be much help apart from try a fresh NOW App download, make sure your television software is up to date, maybe unplug the power to your television for about 2 minutes.

i would be also tempted to play around with the caption and subtitles feature on your Samsung TV menu settings plus maybe clear cache on your Samsung Smart TV by using the instructions on this link article below.

https://www.alphr.com/samsung-tv-clear-delete-cache/ 

I know on the NOW App on my playback devices from previous testing i have to trigger subtitles by hitting the OK or Pause button on my remote then select the bubble speech icon and then enabling the subtitles option every time i watch a NOW subtitle supported movie or TV episode (though i don't rely on subtitles and don't know if anything has changed recently using the NOW App).

Can't remember if you jump out of the movie and restart it again if you need to go through the bubble speech and select subtitles process all over again, but never come across the subtitles disappearing off the television screen after exactly 1 hour & 40 minutes of continuous watching.

Hopefully a NOW Forum member who has encountered this before on their Samsung Smart TV NOW App will come up with the answer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi my friend

I have done all the suggestions you mentioned,  downloaded New Now app. Checked the tv settings,cleared the cache. Just watched a film, same time subtitles went off.Beats me, I will have to go back to Netflix or Amazon Prime, no problems their.Thank you for your time my friend 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am totally baffled why this should be happening.

I would normally point you towards NOW live chat but this might be a pointless exercise because i would have thought they would be in the same boat.

If you can post your Samsung Smart TV model number, maybe a kind forum  member who has the same television could possibly test the subtitles out on a NOW movie.

You could try Samsung UK support using the link below and maybe drop NOW an email (use the email address on the screen shot below) pointing them to this thread to see if they also have an idea.

Or cancel your NOW free trial or NOW Movie Membership.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg