Not applicable

From cinema to nowtv box

How long does a movie in the cinema take to come into the nowtv box 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are referring to the popular Blockbuster movies that was first released in the Cinema ?

Unless it is a Sky production movie (which is released at the Cinema and on Sky/NowTV simultaneously).

Then the normal path would be Cinema, then the movie would usually then move to a Rent or Buy Service such has Sky Store etc, then it would be available on Sky Cinema / NowTV.

Not sure the actual time frame or if it's the same from each movie studio or each film, but taking Jurassic World The Fallen Kingdom for example where this movie was first released in the Cinema in the UK at the beginning of June 2018 and was added to NowTV i believe on the 7th of March 2019 so you are looking at around 9 months.

Please note that Sky / NowTV don't get every movie shown in the Cinema and depends on what agreement deal they have got in place with the Movie Studios, where some movies are distributed to Netflix or Amazon Prime.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are referring to the popular Blockbuster movies that was first released in the Cinema ?

Unless it is a Sky production movie (which is released at the Cinema and on Sky/NowTV simultaneously).

Then the normal path would be Cinema, then the movie would usually then move to a Rent or Buy Service such has Sky Store etc, then it would be available on Sky Cinema / NowTV.

Not sure the actual time frame or if it's the same from each movie studio or each film, but taking Jurassic World The Fallen Kingdom for example where this movie was first released in the Cinema in the UK at the beginning of June 2018 and was added to NowTV i believe on the 7th of March 2019 so you are looking at around 9 months.

Please note that Sky / NowTV don't get every movie shown in the Cinema and depends on what agreement deal they have got in place with the Movie Studios, where some movies are distributed to Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's good. Thank you