cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Films choice

hi does anyone know why fifty shades freed is not yet available on now tv? I actually only purchased my box last year when fifty shades darker was out as it seemed a better idea than buying the DVD and meant I could get all the latest films. 

this film is now on DVD and blue ray, sky, virgin and everywhere else but not on now tv. I am thinking about stopping my now subscription and going elsewhere for more movie choice as it doesn't update movies much and seems to take ages for new releases. It's annoying me now not impressed so far.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community. NOW TV only get films when they arrive on the Sky Cinema channels. As Fifty Shades Freed has only just been released on DVD/Bluray. You can currently rent it on places such as Sky Store, Amazon, iTunes, Google Play etc but it will be around 4-6 months give or take before it will arrive on Sky Cinema channels and thus NOW TV.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community. NOW TV only get films when they arrive on the Sky Cinema channels. As Fifty Shades Freed has only just been released on DVD/Bluray. You can currently rent it on places such as Sky Store, Amazon, iTunes, Google Play etc but it will be around 4-6 months give or take before it will arrive on Sky Cinema channels and thus NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

thanks for the reply. That's crazy it's the only reason I bought a now tv box as I wanted to be able to watch current films.

going to cancel my subscription I think and may Sewell pay it to sky or someone who I can get to watch all the newest films out with.

when I originally purchased my box it was when fifity shades darker had just been realeased on DVD and they had that on now tv that's why I purchased the box wish I hadn't have bothered not at all impressed with the offering it pretty much the same films for weeks on end. I don't understand though because it's available on sky now but you have to have sky to be able to play it through your now tv box and if that's the case you may as well get rid of the box and just pay sky and then pay to rent recent films as you watch them.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You might be getting it mixed up with Sky Store (which is a service for buying or renting content) which has the film but only to rent or buy. Sky TV customers also don't get it for free yet as it's not available on Sky Cinema, they can only rent or buy it from Sky Store as well. Films usually take around 4-6 months from the time they appear on DVD to come to Sky Cinema. If you have a NOW TV box there is a Sky Store app on there that you can sign up for and rent movies if you wish, although their charges are higher than other places to rent such as Amazon, Rakuten etc. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It does seem like since early 2018 the film choice has been a bit rubbish even with the daily premieres...best ones I’ve found has been Jumanji 2, Star Wars, justice league and Kingsman. 

Cancelled the movie pass in July and hoping the good films pick up in December to use my gift of a movie pass

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

It does seem like since early 2018 the film choice has been a bit rubbish even with the daily premieres...best ones I’ve found has been Jumanji 2, Star Wars, justice league and Kingsman. 

Cancelled the movie pass in July and hoping the good films pick up in December to use my gift of a movie pass

That’s market forces for you, sky used to have the monopoly but now Netflix and amazon are buying up the rights to new releases.  Also Disney are now a huge player so expect their studios to start being shown on there own streaming service in the not too distant future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you go to this page http://www.sky.com/tv/channel/skycinema/gallery/coming-soon-to-sky-cinema-premiere you can see the Premieres upcoming on Sky Cinema channels. There's only one of the 32 listed I'd possibly watch. Much cheaper for me just to rent it elsewhere as a one time 'rental'.