cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amiga1200
Scholar 2

Dual movie: Too fast or just weird movie?

Has anyone else watched the Sky Original movie Dual on NowTV? I recently got the cinema pack back as I had offers and there was a decent back log of stuff to watch and my playback has mostly been fine. Watching Dual though I'm not sure it's just an odd movie, well its anyway but it seems a bit sped up. The dialogue almost seems robotic. I know there have been others where I guess there's been frame rate issues and the audio has been sped up to match. This seems to be the case with Dual . It's listed as 96 minutes on Wikipedia but it's only 90 on NowTV.

It's not a big deal I just wondered if others have noticed it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Amiga1200 

Wikipedia says 95 minutes, IMDb 94 minutes.

94.5/90 is almost exactly 25/24, suggesting that a movie made to be shown at 24 fps is being shown at 25 fps.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Amiga1200 

Haven’t seen it myself to be honest. What does Google say for the film itself?

@ContentTeam 

Can you provide some clarification for @Amiga1200 ?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Amiga1200 

Wikipedia says 95 minutes, IMDb 94 minutes.

94.5/90 is almost exactly 25/24, suggesting that a movie made to be shown at 24 fps is being shown at 25 fps.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Amiga1200
Scholar 2

I was thinking the same thing Roy. Wasn't it Downtown Abbey that had the same issue on here. Its the first time I've experienced this on a streaming service myself. People probably aren't talking about it as much with this movie as its more of an indie one.

Just watching Venom now and thats playing fine. Very good looking film actually.

RoyB
Legend

@Amiga1200 

It was indeed Downton Abbey, yes.

ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @gavs82008 @Amiga1200 @RoyB 

thank you for letting us know, we'll report this content and rely fps speed issue for investigation.

However, we cannot confirm any fixed date at present.

thank you for your comment.

* Please note that I am only able to look into content related queries, any account, offer, etc related. Please Contact our customer team or live chat for help.