cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dolby Digital Plus sound problems with Sky Cinema

Watching Sky movies the sound is either intermittent or there is no sound at all. There seems to be a conflict between which audio it should be using as the output appears on the screen briefly as 1080p then Dolby Digital Plus and flicks between the two, seemingly unable to decide which it should be.

Watching Tv channels is fine and uses 1080p.

NOW TV were of no help, suggesting the usual switch devices off and on, reset the device etc. 

I  resolved the issue myself  by loading the Now app onto my smart tv and the sound worked perfectly. I then re-connected my Now TV box and the sound now also works on that too. 🙂
4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

My question would be if you have a smart TV with the app on it, why would you need to use a NOW box?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Because live tv on BBC, ITV, Channel 5 etc don't seem to be on the app.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

You don’t get apps within apps; even on your Now box, those apps are separate from the Now app.

But I blame the misguided attempt by Now to nest the other apps on the Now stick under the  Now app, for what now seems to be a persistent confusion.

So you should be looking for the catchup players from the BBC, itv, etc alongside Now on the Samsung TV.

But perhaps you have a 2021 Samsung TV, with these apps missing as of now?

In which case the Now box will do a sterling job for you.

But I have no explanation as to why loading the Now app on the TV would suddenly make the Now app on the box start working. Coincidence? Possibly not…..

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, regarding your last point it was indeed a coincidence as the
sound on Sky Cinema through the Now box again doesn't work as of last night
😞