cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Disney Movies disappearing at the end of 2020?

Noted a few movies like Nemo, Dumbo and Tarzan are leaving at end of year, so is that it for Sky Disney Cinema?  Or will they be replaced ?

16 REPLIES 16
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SweetBlitz 

Considering Disney+ are pushing their service more than ever I don’t see any Disney films returning. 

What we need to also remember is that “Fox” adult content be it programs/films won’t be on Sky for much longer with Disney announcing more information on its Disney+ star service, which will be the adult content side of Disney. So the likes of Die Hard etc this will be last Christmas we will see them on Now TV/Sky

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

This is all that remains...

A99F299A-7C41-4D7A-85BC-00A2A8E39F66.jpeg

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Fox adult content be it programs/films won’t be on Sky for much longer with Disney announcing more information on its Disney+ star service, which will be the adult content side of Disney. So the likes of Die Hard etc this will be last Christmas we will see them on Now TV/Sky

No Die Hard!!!  I will have to dig out the DVD.

Hopefully Elf isn’t affected...

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SweetBlitz 

One needed worry. Elf was distributed by New Line Cinema, so I can see this returning to Sky/Now TV in the future 😉

Haha as for Die Hard, it’ll be great having access to that on my Disney+ Profile. Even better when they get 21st Century films like True Lies added too.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

as for Die Hard, it’ll be great having access to that on my Disney+ Profile. Even better when they get 21st Century films like True Lies added too.

Also given there won’t be many new movies coming to Now TV (or anywhere else) in the next 12 months, it will be interesting to see what Now TV has this time next year.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was very surprised to see that Futurama had been added to NowTV though it is only on until March so could easily be added to Star when it launches early next year or Disney has negotiated a contract not giving exclusivity.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

According to my TV Times last day is 30th December to be replaced with Sky Cinema 5* 

Pretty pretty good!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SweetBlitz @Anonymous User 

Some interesting news on "Star" from Disney+

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/disney-to-add-star-content-in-europe-australia-canada-new-zealand/

Really hope that it means we get shows like 9-1-1, Greys Anatomy the day are being aird in the US. So less contracts for Sky to pick up and do a extremely poor job of showing them here often months after being aired. 

Good news for finally getting a home to Die Hard films and other "21st Century" content. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@gavs82008 worth remembering UK will not be in Europe in 2021 so this has no impact on now tv.