cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged for free trial

Hi

Your website was offering a free trial of Sky Cinema, I clicked the Free Trial button but have now discovered I have been charged £11.99. Live chat is unavailable and there doesn't appear to be any other (obvious) means of getting in touch. Very disappointed and I remember now why I keep giving up on NOWTV.

What makes matters worse is the number of posts of a similar nature found within these forums. How many people have had their money taken without their consent or knowledge? Can NOWTV explain and also refund my money? 

16 REPLIES 16
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There is a form you can fill out for "incorrect charge" but don't hold your breath.

https://account.nowtv.com/payments/query/incorrect-charge

That being said, the below link will point you in the direction for Live chat. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled my trial well within the seven days but still charged. Have had to cancel again. I will be contacting Trading Standards in the morning along with my bank. I suggest others do the same.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can you elaborate what you took as a trial and what you were charged?

Did you receive email confirmation about the cancellation?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nice trick, NOW and Sky! Offer free trial and then set up multiple memberships so that when one is cancelled the others remain in the background until someone notices. This is one for Watchdog I think.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled online but no email confirmation. I think you should question why you are participating in this community as it lacks integrity.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Did you contact NOW support or decide to rant on a customer to customer forum? 

My experience with NOW is unless you receive a cancellation email then you most likely haven’t cancelled completely. The process is a big pain but it’s how it’s set up. 

If I were you, send an email to customer support on the address below (picture).

93D01821-AEB5-45B4-A1EF-E57A4FE54CE5.jpeg

Or pop onto live chat, just make sure to click “chat online”.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

RoyB
Legend

1. Cancelling is unduly hard and tricky, and it is easy to think you have cancelled when you haven’t jumped neatly through all the hoops that Now put in your path when you cancel.

2. Cancelling on Day 6 may be too late. What you get, whether you cancel on Day 1 or Day 7 is indeed a 7 day’s free trial, but the timing the banks require for billing means that the process kicks off during Day 6, and if you cancel after that on Day 6, you get charged. The cancel does apply once the paid month is up though, but this is not much of a consolation.

Complaining to your bank about this is complaining to the people who require this, so you can see how that might go.

3. I have never had a cancellation email.

4. The way to be sure you have cancelled is to go into your account details and look at the membership you have just actioned cancel on, and ensure it isn’t showing a ‘next payment date’. Also recommended is to check no other passes are present, as people used to get caught out by those Sticks that came with a trial month of each of several memberships, only cancelling one where actually you have to cancel the lot, but each individually.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.