cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged for free trial

Hi

Your website was offering a free trial of Sky Cinema, I clicked the Free Trial button but have now discovered I have been charged £11.99. Live chat is unavailable and there doesn't appear to be any other (obvious) means of getting in touch. Very disappointed and I remember now why I keep giving up on NOWTV.

What makes matters worse is the number of posts of a similar nature found within these forums. How many people have had their money taken without their consent or knowledge? Can NOWTV explain and also refund my money? 

16 REPLIES 16
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You know Tone,

That "free offer" was probably for "new customers only", chancer are you didn't check the small print.

Another thing, the Now TV Team are unlikely to see your post coz' of Covid 19.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was logged into my account, browsing movies and was given the option of a free trial; why would they offer me that if I'm not eligible? After clicking the button it definitely said I was getting a free trial but after accepting it then confirmed I'd paid £11.99.

I appreciate the NowTV team might not see this due to current situation, and also that's why Live chat isn't available, just airing my frustration and the fact there's no other obvious means of getting in touch. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also a new user and have been charged for the free trial of movies. Again no way to contact them!?

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User customerservices 'at' nowtv.com 

We can't put email addresses so obviously replace the 'at' and spaces with the @ symbol.

Failing that, click on the blue text about half way down this page.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This form should help you out. 

https://account.nowtv.com/payments/query/incorrect-charge

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. I tried the form, but it errors as soon as you select "yes" when it asks you if cancelled the free trial before it expired. I've managed to submit the form but without anything selected for that question, and have written an explanation in the notes section.If I dont hear within a couple of days I'll send an email to customer services.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @gavs82008  @Saint1976 

Fellas   (deliberately misspelt)

Although not officially announced, Live Chat now seems to be open, check them out using this URL:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cancelled-now-tv-but-still-being-charged

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got in touch with NOW TV live chat to inform them I was charged £11.99 after cancelling my 7 day trial on the 6th day and they tried everything to make me feel bad and it was my fault that it was not cancelled properly during the 5 steps required. 

I think the system is deliberately programmed to get customers trapped and signed in to a 7 day trial and NOW TV will do everything thy can to make money. They obviously do not understand that customers will just walk away and never come back to NOW TV. I suppose the NOW TV and Sky brand is so poor with reputation they really don't care.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just had the exact same thing happen and it charged me. I am not happy about this as it is quite deceptive. I only did this as i did the same with the entertainment pass- which the free trial worked , so when I saw this on the Cinema pass i thought why not ... but then got hit with the charge