cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 Month Cinema pass cancelled now only giving 1 month

I was wondering if anybody could help . I bought a 2 Month cinema Pass and added the code to my account , It was showing 2 months which was all good .. but then i thought i would cancel it as i did not want it to renew with the price and i would buy another code to put back in . It's now showing 1 only have 1 month and it finishes soon . I thought i was cancelling the auto renew not the pass .. Is this correct ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

To amplify a little, some multimonth NowTV passes run for the full duration when cancelled, and some just run to the next month end.

And you can’t tell which sort you have unless and until you cancel it before the last month has started 😢

But you have found you have the second sort; so before that Cancel actually kicks in at month end, go back to the Pass and reactivate it. As after month end it will be too late.

Then leave yourself a reminder to cancel it in the last month it covers, which will produce your intended effect.

I have no idea why NowTV have two sorts of Passes, and nor why you can’t tell them apart until you try to cancel. I’m not sure they do either.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you want to keep the pass for the full 2 months, you cannot cancel it within the first month. What Now TV will assume is you want to have the pass stopped at the end of the "first billing cycle".

What I would recommend is to reactivate the pass and wait till after the first month is up and then cancel the pass. 

So for example, you get a offer for 6 months, your payment date is the 16th, if you cancel the pass on the 10th of the 3rd month, Now TV will end the pass completely on the 16th of the 3rd month. 

Hope that is of some help.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

To amplify a little, some multimonth NowTV passes run for the full duration when cancelled, and some just run to the next month end.

And you can’t tell which sort you have unless and until you cancel it before the last month has started 😢

But you have found you have the second sort; so before that Cancel actually kicks in at month end, go back to the Pass and reactivate it. As after month end it will be too late.

Then leave yourself a reminder to cancel it in the last month it covers, which will produce your intended effect.

I have no idea why NowTV have two sorts of Passes, and nor why you can’t tell them apart until you try to cancel. I’m not sure they do either.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.