cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv app wont cast anything to my chromecast anymore

Hi I really hope someone can help. A few months ago I purchased a chromecast I also registered with nowtv everything has been working perfectly, I use the internet off my phone and use my tablet as a remote but recently every time I try and cast anything from nowtv it comes up with an error message, I've tried resetting it and also I've done a factory resetting in the chrome app, I know I can't be my chromecast as I can cast any other app to it, it's not because I haven't got an active pass coz I have I pay for the movie and entertainment pass every month, can anyone pls help!!!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Is this what you mean?

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Oops-Shouldn-t-be-here-Chromecast

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No it's not that message it says 'can't cast to this device's but I've never had a problem with it before

Oddius
Scholar

Heya

What is the error message?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This message is 'We are unable to play on the chrome cast device. Please try again unknown error' but I can cast now tv while I'm looking for a film but as soon as I press play it doesn't work!!

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear this @Anonymous User.

Does this happen as soon as you press play on any Movie? 

Are you able to stream on your device before you cast? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
yes every time I press the play button it comes up with the error message
but before that I can cast now tv while I'm looking for what I wana watch,
I can cast anything else even youtube

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm having exactly the same problem, I brought my chromecast months ago and have an account with nowtv each month I pay for the entertainment and movie pass and have never had a problem with casting, I use the Wi-Fi off my phone and the tablet to play and access the apps on, but now all of a sudden when I go on nowtv and select my film then press to cast it says something like unable to cast unknown error, but I can cast any other apps to my chromecast could you please help as I'm wasting money each month when it's not playing I'm thinking of cancelling and going with Netflix, please help 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry about the delayed reply.

We have emailed you and currently waiting for your reply.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I haven't received an email or reply