cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

cant access now

after a family friend added a chrome cast n it was set up 10mins later cant play any films from it how weird FIX please only chrome cast on my list

3 REPLIES 3
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Well S,

I'm guessing that your chromecast device is not set up properly, I say this because I'm new to chromecast myself and found the setup procedure, though easy for some, can be daunting for a novice.

OK, do you know there is a software component to the set up procedure, i.e.you have to download and install on your android phone or tablet the "Google Home App" pair it with your device (so the app and device can talk to each other), this will then setup the Chromecast device and download it's latest software updates.

Google Home App symbol

Google Home App.jpg

Only after doing this can you then move on to using the device properly.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

all set up ok he even watched a film to activate device in my erm devices then went to watch a film & was told cant devices are full basically its like saying we have forgotten yr device or its changed in the last 5 minutes etc lol , never mind he gone to use my netflix instead HEHE

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have a quick look on your My Account > Manage Devices page and see if the Chromecast is still listed as a device

https://account.nowtv.com/device-management

If it is, then make sure when you use your tablet/phone's NOW TV app to choose what you want to cast, that you always press the cast button in the app to connect to the Chromecast BEFORE you try to play the content you want to watch.