cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why Can't I Watch My NOWTV On My Google Chromecast?

I purchased my (white) NOWTV Box on the 5th May 2015, and never had any issues with it until at the start of last month. Both me and my partner have the NOWTV App on our ANDRIOD phones, and we use it to stream NOWTV onto our bedroom TV via our Google Chromecast. As I say, I didn't have any problems with it at first, it worked off both mine and my partners phones. Now however, it won't work on my phone (still works off my partners phone). I can still connect to the Chromecast with my phone and watch anything else on my TV (i.e YouTube), but whenever I try to watch NOWTV it won't work. If I go onto my NOWTV App and press the icon in the top right corner for it to connect to my TV that works, it appears with "NowTv", but when I then go to select something to watch I get the message "We are unable to play on the chromecast device. Please try again. Unknown error", which natrually would imply theres something wrong with my Chromecast, but as I say, it works with everything else accept NowTV, but works perfectly fine on my partners phone. I've been trying to resolve this issue for over a month and had no luck. I've gone to all the help pages, I've spoke to someone via Live Chat who also couldn't help me. At this rate I'll be getting rid as my partner is away a lot so I can't watch TV when he's not here, and whats the point having NowTV when I can't watch it? Please help!!???

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Time frame Andy?
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

We're very sorry for the delay. 

If this has not been resolved yet, we'll give our content team a nudge and see what's going on. 

Sorry I can't provide you with a time frame. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is going on with the Blacklist season 2

I am continuously getting the following messgae:

"Somethings not right. Give it a moment, or check nowtv.com/status for updates (0)."

I can watch some episodes on my chromecast others on my tablet or phone, can you hurry up and fix this its really disapointing, were paying for content, that we cannot watch, i didnt get now tv to watch on my tablet or phone i got it to stream to my chromecast, why it will work on app then not transmit to chrmoecast, or on some episodes just not work at all.  

By the time you correct this youll likely have removed the box set preventing us from watching it

poor showing, since you have admitted you knew about this days ago, yet cant fix it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We're very sorry about that and we do our very best to sort it out as soon as possible.

Keep an eye out for further updates.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm still waiting for this email that was apparently sent to me in Gina cancel my subscription and go with netflix