cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why Can't I Watch My NOWTV On My Google Chromecast?

I purchased my (white) NOWTV Box on the 5th May 2015, and never had any issues with it until at the start of last month. Both me and my partner have the NOWTV App on our ANDRIOD phones, and we use it to stream NOWTV onto our bedroom TV via our Google Chromecast. As I say, I didn't have any problems with it at first, it worked off both mine and my partners phones. Now however, it won't work on my phone (still works off my partners phone). I can still connect to the Chromecast with my phone and watch anything else on my TV (i.e YouTube), but whenever I try to watch NOWTV it won't work. If I go onto my NOWTV App and press the icon in the top right corner for it to connect to my TV that works, it appears with "NowTv", but when I then go to select something to watch I get the message "We are unable to play on the chromecast device. Please try again. Unknown error", which natrually would imply theres something wrong with my Chromecast, but as I say, it works with everything else accept NowTV, but works perfectly fine on my partners phone. I've been trying to resolve this issue for over a month and had no luck. I've gone to all the help pages, I've spoke to someone via Live Chat who also couldn't help me. At this rate I'll be getting rid as my partner is away a lot so I can't watch TV when he's not here, and whats the point having NowTV when I can't watch it? Please help!!???

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, sorry to hear you'ev had issues with your Chromecast. Have you tried rebooting it? Are you able to view on your phone? So it's just an issue when you cast? 

You mentioned you can't view if your partner's away with his phone. Does this mean the NOW TV box you have also doesn't work?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for you're reply.

I have tried rebooting it but no luck. And yes, I could watch it off my phone it just wasn't working when I tried to cast it onto my bedroom TV.

When my partner is away I can watch from the nowtv box but the issue is that its downstairs, hense the Chromecast being in the bedroom so I can still watch TV when I go to bed. 

However I'm now having more problems with Nowtv telling me there's a "connectivity issue" but with no advise how to correct it. (This issue is now on my Samsung galaxy tab 2 tablet, which also never had a problem with nowtv until recently. I'm getting very fed up.) 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you ensure that you're running your Chromecast off the mians power supply as oppossed to powering it from the usb port.

Also, please delete the NOW TV app from your mobile and tablet and then re-installing the app to see if that helps.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Am having the same issue. Some content OK, others error.

Blacklist Season 2 doesnt work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User & @Anonymous User

By the looks of it there is an error with Season 2 , We have made our content team aware.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exactly the same issue. Tried re-enstalling both chrome and nowtv apps on both android and iOS - contacted sip to see if there is any connectivity issues.cant cast in mirror mode, must be an issue at supply end if two customers experiencing exactly the same issue. Would be good to know what's happening.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Done all this and still not responding - any other suggestions?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can watch everything but the blacklist 2 on cromecast,  this is a technical issue at their end, did everything they asked, this also happened with the newsroom but instead of all the faffing they put it too their technical team and it was fixed the next day, I have emailed nowtv to ask them to do this again, it doesn't take a genius to work out that if only one programme won't load onto cromecast then it is likely not a cromecast or device problem. Getting fed up with it now but at least the now staff are polite