cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UK Ip address What happens when I am overseas

I plan to away for 2 months in Europe travelling on business. Can I access Now Tv online whilst out of the country.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Simple answer is no you can't watch from outside UK

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Simple answer is no you can't watch from outside UK

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

As @Anonymous User says we're not licenced to show content outside the UK it's also worth noting that the use of VPNs is forbidden.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there not a way of using a proxy for this service?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Welcome to forums

Using vpn to watch NowTV outside UK is banned

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Rather a verbose response! Surely use of a VPN is a personal choice. Also just stating something is banned is no reason. You would have3 to be able to detect when being used. If banned by a court ruling please state, don't quote a court ruling that I believe just related to sports in Europe.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's not a court ruling, but the T&Cs you agreed to when you signed up to the site. Using a VPN could result in your account permanently being closed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ah, you mean the small print. Basically you are reminding us of the old
tenate "Buyer Beware"! As to VPN or virtual private network you would still
have to prove that any one was using one give them fair warning...
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi MC

I think you have missed the point that @Anonymous User is trying to make, i.e. yes, there are T&Cs that prevent you from using VPN to access Now TV's content from abroad but there are also copyright rules that Now TV has to abide by as well.  And common sense would dictate that any rules that Now TV has to abide by, and also to maintain their various company licences, would also have to incorporate those rules into the T&Cs  passed on to their customers.

So you see, T&Cs are not just petty rules made up for no other reason than being petty, they are there to protect the company and to stay within the various laws (and by-laws) that the company has to follow.  

And BTW, if you deliberately break a rule, which may be seen as breaking a law or flaunting copyright rules, the company has every right to terminate your account with or without notice, depending on the seriousness of your breach.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There's a proposed EU regulation that would allow EU residents travelling within the EU to continue to access digital content that they have purchased or subscribed to at home.

http://www.out-law.com/en/articles/2015/december/eu-proposals-would-allow-europeans-to-take-online-c... 

This might come into effect as early as 2017.

If few months after that  this options is not available to UK residents anymore, well you know who to thank for that.

It is also worth nothing that Netflix allows customer from country A to access local content from Netflix country B while travelling there; not exactly accessing the same content you had at home, but at least you get something. Sky / NowTv also has services in other countries, so they could think of offering something similar to NetFlix, for example accessing the Italian NowTv while travelling there.