cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quality when casting

I have come back to nowtv after a months break...but I was casting from my chromecast and the quality is shocking! I thought it was the signal but it's not my router, other apps casting fine. The screen is hard to see it's very pixilated! Anyone else having this difficulty?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your having some problems with your picture via your Chromecast.

There are some handy hints within this external article to try

http://www.howtogeek.com/207597/how-to-troubleshoot-common-google-chromecast-issues/

Also if you are with BT for your broadband would it be possible to disable Smart Setup - If you don't know how to do this please see this link.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this exact same issue, I've recently tried to watch Agents of Shield, Penny Dreadful and Westworld and they were all unwatchable due to heavy pixelation. Has anyone managed to pin down the problem?

If I can't fix it then there's no point in me continuing my subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

We have recently made some changes to the streams on Chromecast devices and I was just wondering if the picture quality has improved ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also having the issue on chromecast. The picture is so heavily pixellated its unwatchable. Also had to wait nearly 5 mins to play in the first place. Netflix and other apps cast perfectly. I'm on a 14 day trial and based on this, i won't be renewing - sorry!