cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problems adding new chromecast

Hi,

I tried to remove an old chromecast and add a new one, unfortunately the nowtv app decided to add the phone, not the chromecast it was casting to. What can I do about this as I never use the app to watch, only the chromecast?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You'll need your devices resetting as now your phone is added as a device you've used your one change for the month.

Best thing to do is to have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can reset your devices for you. To get there go to the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Device-limit-reached

and click the green Contact Us button near the bottom left of it (not the How to Contact Us link right at the bottom as that takes you somewhere else) then choose the Live Chat option on the following page.

Then when you come to adding your new Chromecast again, be careful to make sure you press the Cast button in the NOW TV app before you start playing any content. If you try to play content before pressing Cast your phone is added as a device, as you've found out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You'll need your devices resetting as now your phone is added as a device you've used your one change for the month.

Best thing to do is to have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can reset your devices for you. To get there go to the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Device-limit-reached

and click the green Contact Us button near the bottom left of it (not the How to Contact Us link right at the bottom as that takes you somewhere else) then choose the Live Chat option on the following page.

Then when you come to adding your new Chromecast again, be careful to make sure you press the Cast button in the NOW TV app before you start playing any content. If you try to play content before pressing Cast your phone is added as a device, as you've found out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

I'll try the livechat, thanks. I was casting to the device, which is why i was expecting it to add that one. I probably should have quit the app after removing the old chromecast, but I have had a few niggles with maintaining connection between the app and the old chromecast, for example if i turn the TV off and come back to it later, i often have to cast, disconnect then cast again before it will accept a channel.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries, hope that sorts it for you.