cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oddius
Scholar

Pixelated video on resume

For a couple of weeks now whenever I've resumed a program (not pause then resume) the video is corrupted (multi-colour pixeling) with sound.

If I restart the program from the beginning, or choose a new program that I haven't watch yet the video is fine.

All versions for NowTV, Chromecast are the latest using Andriod 5.1.1 also happens when casting from my tablet which uses 4.x

I have no issues resuming video with Netflix, or Google's own movie playback app.

I have rebooted everything still the same result getting extremely frustrating.

37 REPLIES 37
Oddius
Scholar

Still waiting on an email for an update on the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Oddius

Very sorry about this.

I'll notify our tech team again.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am having the same trouble and it only happens with now tv seeing as this only happens with now tv for everyone else as well this must be a now tv issue ,i have just had to cancel now tv which is a shame but what with not being able to view it via chrome anymore and now not being able to cast from a tablet now tv is redundant

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry to hear that 😞

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Happening here as well.

Chromecast has been completely reset to factory settings, everything is running the most up to date versions. I've even tried starting things in different orders, but at the moment every time I go to cast anything I'm stuck with a pixelated screen and just sound. 

Cant it even watch on my laptop thanks to your ridiculous device limitations, as I ended up needing a new laptop and new iPad, and had to pick which one to add this month. Seriously unimpressed at the moment and seriously considering cancelling my subscription. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry about the delayed reply.

Can you please tell me what were you watching? Was it Live content or on demand? 

I have tested it on my end and so far resuming playback worked absolutely fine. 

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It happened on nearly every single episode of Elementary Season 2

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for the extra info.

We'll have a look into this. Has it happened on any other shows?

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
there is not much i can do there seems to be a lot of people having this
issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you tell me what are you trying to watch? 

I tested with a movie ('300: Rise of an Empire') and it plays out fine, didn't get any picture issues 😞 Tried to Pause and Resume and also tried Continue Watching.

Birgit

NOW TV Team