cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast and NOW TV not working together

My NOW TV on both my phone and ipad keeps coming up with the same error message that say wait a minute or go to nowtv.com/status.  

I have deleted chromcast and now tv on both devices and reinstated after rebooting the ophone and pad but still nothing.

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having the same problem  with now tv casting from my iPhone 5c to my chrome cast , tried doing youtube and works fine. It's not showing the cast icon for iPhone,  but works fine on my samsung table. I deleted the app and also the device in accounts and then added it again but still no joy !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am also having the same problem  with now tv casting from my iPhone 5c to my chrome cast , tried doing youtube and works fine. It's not showing the cast icon for iPhone,  but works fine on my samsung table. I deleted the app and also the device in accounts and then added it again but still no joy !

@Anonymous User

Hi Elizabeth

Could you try the steps on this link

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Using-Chromecast

After this uninstall and reinstall the nowtv app so any changes register

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have tried to cast now from my iPad to my tv via chrome cast. I get a message saying that I have reached my device limit. Does this mean that casting is treated as a further device despite the ipad being one of my registered devices? 

Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, i am having some issues with my Chromecast when trying to cast Now TV. I go onto the Now TV app on my phone and click on the cast button and it says 'stop casting' implying that it is already casting but it isnt coming up on the tv and when clicking on a programme to watch, it only lets me watch it on my phone. I then click on 'stop casting' and try to click back onto the casting button to cast, but the button is unresponsive. I have rebooted and factory reset my Chromecast, and have logged out of now tv and uninstalled the app then reinstalled it with no luck. Please help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hello, i am having some issues with my Chromecast when trying to cast Now TV. I go onto the Now TV app on my phone and click on the cast button and it says 'stop casting' implying that it is already casting but it isnt coming up on the tv and when clicking on a programme to watch, it only lets me watch it on my phone. I then click on 'stop casting' and try to click back onto the casting button to cast, but the button is unresponsive. I have rebooted and factory reset my Chromecast, and have logged out of now tv and uninstalled the app then reinstalled it with no luck. Please help

@Anonymous User

Hi Kirsty

Welcome to the forum

Could you try rebooting the router chromecast and phone and then try and cast

Are you able to cast anything else such as youtube as this could be an error with the actual chromecast

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm in the same boat. I try casting to the built in Chromecast of my Nvidia Shield TV and it shows up as loading, but times out. Casting anything else to it works fine. Please help.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll add my name to this issue too. It is incredibly frustrating being unable to cast to my TV from my phone. The Now TV box is awful, with the sound constantly going out of sync.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...The Now TV box is awful, with the sound constantly going out of sync.

Really... Which model of NOW TV box do you have. And what are you watching? I can't remember the last time my 'smart' box had sync issues!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My NOW TV service will connect to my ChromeCast but won't play any content. It will display a splashscreen on the chromecast channel for whatever advert Now TV is displaying (currently Game of Thrones S1-6 availability) and when I select a film it will temporarily display the film's splashscreen on the chromecast's channel, before returning to the GoT advert. Meanwhile, my phone looks like it's still trying to cast but when I click on the cast button it says "no media selected" and gives me a volume slider. I've tried uninstalling all apps, reinstalling, resetting up the chromecast, etc. none of it helps. I'm using a 1st Gen chromecast connected to a Sony TV and casting from a Google Pixel phone. Can anybody assist?

I already contact Now TV customer service who were worse than useless.

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User have you tried casting first and then selecting content? Have you updated the Google app so your phone is talking to your Chromecast?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.