cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV cant cast to TV - Ireland

The now TV website is very misleading and shows pictures of a chromecast button on the app and when clicking on a link to download the app it said it was a UK version. I then went and downloaded the Irish one and it is without the button and I am unable to watch nowtv on anything other than my phone. This is complete false advertising. Add a chromecast button or at least remove the restrictions to screen mirror using the Chromecast app
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
The now TV website is very misleading and shows pictures of a chromecast button on the app and when clicking on a link to download the app it said it was a UK version. I then went and downloaded the Irish one and it is without the button and I am unable to watch nowtv on anything other than my phone. This is complete false advertising. Add a chromecast button or at least remove the restrictions to screen mirror using the Chromecast app

@Anonymous User

Hi Aisling 🙂 

Thanks for getting in touch with us ! 

We certainly understand your point. Chromecast in  ROI is something we are working hard to get avaliable for customers as soon as possible. We will be sure to pass your feedback on to our app team and hope that this feature will be ready very soon for you to enjoy on your TV 🙂 

Thanks Kymberly (From The Now TV Team Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

To follow on from Kymberlys post.

Please also be sure to use the ROI site here http://www.nowtv.com/ie as this would have all the relavent information and device options available to Republic of ireland customers. Unfortunately the ROI site does not have a community forum just yet. This Site is for UK customers only and we hope to have a ROI forum in the near future along with more devices to watch on.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes. This really is misleading advertising, which of course service providers are not suppossed to engage in. I only downloaded Now TV with the misguided understanding that I could Chromecast to my TV set, as advertised. What is the timetable you're working to in order to make this service available in Ireland? What date should I expect to be able to Chromecast? I will try Now TV again when that service is available.

Regards

Ian

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Almost December and you still haven’t enabled casting for us here in Ireland!
What’s the hold up?
Not using your service as much as I should be so am debating on cancelling my subscription at this point.

If only I could cast stuff to my TV...