cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Movies on Chromecast?

Hi, I want to buy Chromecast for my 55' Bush TV but want to know does NOW TV app come pre-installed or do I have to download it? and if the films will be HD as it does say 1080p? [as 720p will look afwul quality on the big TV]

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the Chromecast doesn't have "apps", however as long as you have an Android or Apple phone or tablet you can send NOW TV to it.

As for the quality the maximum NOW TV support is 720p.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Aaaargh so frustrating. NOW TV have all the best films [much recent than Netflix] yet they have sh** SD. Why on earth is it not in HD in this day and age. The new box released this week is also non HD? 

Thans for the information though. You'd think the Black box would be HD 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 720p isn't SD though is it. Might not be as HD as you'd like, but as Sky Movies only goes as high as 1080i on dish at the moment I can't see the budget service being better.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You will have to download from the app store of your device OS the Chromecast app and NowTV app to your smart phone, tablet etc to enable to cast to your TV via the Chromecast HDMI dongle.

With regards to 720p picture quality on a 55 inch TV i would say it would be fine IMO.

I have no picture quality issues with watching NowTV on my 50 inch TV in the Living Room with a 2.1 soundbar.

However, when watching NowTV on my 92 inch projector screen with a 5.1 surround sound system the PQ and SQ difference is lacking when compared against the Netflix and Amazon streaming services (IMO) and therefore I try to avoid watching any NowTV content on the projector system and stick to Blu-rays, Netflix and Amazon and tend to use NowTV mainly on my Living Room 50inch TV.