cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mi Box

My Now TV app won't cast to the built in Chromecast in my Android TV MI Box. BT sport and other apps have no problem. Why does Now TV fail? Is there a fix?
The App works fine on a stand alone Chromecast.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User At the moment we only support the Chromecast device but we hope to support Chromecast on Android TVs soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
At the moment we only support the Chromecast device but we hope to support Chromecast on Android TVs soon.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still doesn't work - this is so annoying as it means I have to have both a chromecast and the mi box connected to the same TV.  When do you think we will have support for Android TV, and for that matter Amazon Fire TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue.

FYI the Mi Box, while being an Android TV, also has built in Chromecast support. For me casting works with iPlayer, BT Sport and Netflix without any issue. 

From the Now TV app I can select the cast icon and connect but no content will ever play. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv isn’t the only provider that don’t support googlecast which is what is built into android tv devices as opposed to chrome cast which is the physical device.  I don’t know what the technical difference is but I think it may be due to the blocking of any playback on hdmi via android.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi - the Now TV UK does now work with my built-in Chromecast on Mi Android
TV box but:

1. it is slower to connect than other apps. You may need to wait for
perhaps one minute for it to cast to the screen; and
2 sometimes when first trying to connect, the app stops trying. Then I
try again and if necessary several times

Adopting the 2 behaviours above I can now always cast Now TV successfully