cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Loading icon stays on Sony Android TV when casting Sports

Hello,

I've been watching NOWTV via the Chromecast function on my new Sony Android TV (KDL43W755CBU). It works really well apart from Live Streaming Sports. The loading icon stays even when the stream is running. I restarted many times over the weekend during the US Open Golf but it always stays.

The problem is not there via my standard Chromecast on another TV.

I'll see if I can post of picture of it once I've done my first post...

Thanks.
Ashley

62 REPLIES 62
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it was never intended to work. Some people just got lucky and the Now app thought the cast option on the android TV was a Chromecast. Of course Now may offer a direct app for Android TV in the future. However I have not seen anything​to suggest it is imminent.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Elite4.

But having read some more, Googlecast is actually the same as Chromecast just "built-in". Googlecast was rebranded back in Nov 2016 but the technology should be the same.

So as far as I can tell, NowTV is simply not working with Chromecast on Sony Android TVs.

Other apps are continuing to cast OK...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't understand. It was working fine and now it does not work anymore after the latest TV update. Please fix otherwise I will unsubscribe

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been casting to my Bravia TV for some time and it's been fine. Since the Android TV update Now TV will not cast to the TV. I get an error which says Chromecast device has stopped. It's not the TV as I can cast from Netflix, all4, YouTube etc it's just nowtv that seems to be problematic. Very annoying as if I can't cast I might as well get rid of now tv.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
I've been casting to my Bravia TV for some time and it's been fine. Since the Android TV update Now TV will not cast to the TV. I get an error which says Chromecast device has stopped. It's not the TV as I can cast from Netflix, all4, YouTube etc it's just nowtv that seems to be problematic. Very annoying as if I can't cast I might as well get rid of now tv.

Hi @Anonymous User Can you try and watch again now to see if it works?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Nope, still doesn't work. The message says unfortunately " Google cast
receiver had stopped."
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Nope, still doesn't work. The message says unfortunately " Google cast
receiver had stopped."

@Anonymous User 

Seems to be a problem exclusive to Sony Bravia 2015 Models. https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/2015-bravia-android-tv-google-cast-issue/td-p/2039337/page/3

Here's what the guys on the Sony forum are suggesting: "Check for google cast updates in Google Play store. This fixes the issue."

Try that sure and let me know 🙂

Thanks

Tony

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Tony

Got the most recent now TV update but still having the same problem. Same
message "unfortunately the Google cast receiver has stopped" as before,
cast works with all other apps.

Jason
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Tony

Got the most recent now TV update but still having the same problem. Same
message "unfortunately the Google cast receiver has stopped" as before,
cast works with all other apps.

Jason
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got exactly the same problem as Jason.

Now tv from samsung mobile used to cast to my sony tv, but few weeks ago suddendly stopped working. Assume after an update by the tv. 

I'm afraid I'll have to cancel my subscription if this is not resolved.

can you please advice?

jorge