cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Loading icon stays on Sony Android TV when casting Sports

Hello,

I've been watching NOWTV via the Chromecast function on my new Sony Android TV (KDL43W755CBU). It works really well apart from Live Streaming Sports. The loading icon stays even when the stream is running. I restarted many times over the weekend during the US Open Golf but it always stays.

The problem is not there via my standard Chromecast on another TV.

I'll see if I can post of picture of it once I've done my first post...

Thanks.
Ashley

62 REPLIES 62
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yep, I was going to get an LG for the Now TV app but got the Sony thinking that would work just as well! Great.
Well I've just cancelled Now TV, partly out of annoyance, partly because we weren't watching it much anyway since GoT finished!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hopefully, this a silly question but are the NowTV technical bods really aware of this issue, as like the earlier correspondent stated, which is my experience too, ALL other, in my case, IOS apps, such as BBC Sports, YouTube, All 4, BBC iPlayer etc. all cast to my Sony KD-55X8509C UHD TV without a hitch, which makes me wonder why are NowTV so behind with their technology?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is really poor. I have several other Chromecast apps on my phone that stream through to my Sony TV without any problem.

The NowTV app worked until a couple of weeks ago and now I get nothing, which is a pain as my NowTV box is slow and unreliable, so chromecast was the ideal solution.

It's a bit poor to say that the app won't support it when virtually every other major media company does have fully functioning support.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seen several other threads but mostly a year ago.

Casting now tv to a sony Android TV was working fine, but now whenever I try the movie image appears, the waiting circles appear and spin for ~ 1 min then it fails and the app reports an unknown error.

It used to work fine.

Seem to recall it stopped about the time I got an Android TV update but that may be coincidence.

Any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Seen several other threads but mostly a year ago.

Casting now tv to a sony Android TV was working fine, but now whenever I try the movie image appears, the waiting circles appear and spin for ~ 1 min then it fails and the app reports an unknown error.

It used to work fine.

Seem to recall it stopped about the time I got an Android TV update but that may be coincidence.

Any ideas?

@Anonymous User
  1. On your Sony TV remote, press the HOME button.
  2. Under the Settings category, select Settings.
  3. Under the TV category, select App.
  4. Under the App, select System app.
  5. Under the System app, select Google Cast Receiver.
  6. Select Enable.

Try this first if you haven't already. Is your Cast app up to date on your phone? Also uninstalling and reinstalling the NOW TV App may help resolve this problem.

Try this first and if it doesn't work, get back to us and we'll try and figure it out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried uninstalling from phone and reinstalling, tried clearing the cache and disable/enable the Google Cast Receiver on the TV, rebooted both devices etc and still the same problem.

The cast receiver starts up on the tv, shows the Now TV screen, then when starting the movie shows the poster for that movie and the spinning logo but gets no further. The app on the phone shows "casting.." and the spinner but doesnt get as far as showing the progress bar etc.

I have put the old chromecast stick in and can succesfully cast to that but it is lower quality and runs over congested wifi, the TV being wired is much faster and not prone to stutter or quality problems like the cast stick.

Im sure it used to work fine but has stopped at some point in the last 2 months or so.

Ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

in case others have a similar problem think ive found the answer. After much faffing and checking the Settings -> About -> system updates and App updates and both saying they were fully up to date I then happened to be looking in the play store at the "My apps" section and that said there was a Google Cast update available. Installed that and hey presto!

This fixed both Now TV and Google movies casting.

Why the "App updates" in the tv settings didnt list any I dont know but problem solved now.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Following Aaron's suggestions:

1. On your Sony TV remote, press the HOME button.
  2. Under the Settings category, select Settings.
  3. Under the TV category, select App.
  4. Under the App, select System app.
  5. Under the System app, select Google Cast Receiver.
  6. Select Enable.

Make sute it's enabled and then uninstall updates. Worked for me!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Worked for me on sony android tv casting from s7 edge
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also affected by the NowTV app problems.

1 week ago I was able to use NowTV App on a samsung Tablet and cast (Google Cast) to my Sony android TV. 

Now, the cast does not work using NowTV app on Android Phone or Tablet. It continues to work from other apps (YouTube etc).

I will not buy any more Sport passes until this is fixed.