cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Loading icon stays on Sony Android TV when casting Sports

Hello,

I've been watching NOWTV via the Chromecast function on my new Sony Android TV (KDL43W755CBU). It works really well apart from Live Streaming Sports. The loading icon stays even when the stream is running. I restarted many times over the weekend during the US Open Golf but it always stays.

The problem is not there via my standard Chromecast on another TV.

I'll see if I can post of picture of it once I've done my first post...

Thanks.
Ashley

62 REPLIES 62
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers @Anonymous User . 

Serves me right for not reading the first post correctly Smiley Happy - read the "spinning wheel" bit, but completely missed the fact the video was working behind it.

Glad it sounds like you Sony guys are fixed anway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm now trying this for the first time since you made these suggestions, which I followed.

The result is sadly the same, the loading spinner remains on screen constantly.

(I only realised after I posted this that there was now a second page of posts with others still having the same experience but also some progress from Now TV, so hopefully this will get resolved sooner rather than later.)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have the same problem I'm casting from my iPad and it just loads and loads but nothing happens 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

I'll look into this for you and drop you a quick email when I have an update.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have just got a new Sony smart to and I'm having the same problem, it will connect but not cast, it says ready to cast on th tv then I eventually get an error on the iPad saying to check now tv status

Anonymous User
Not applicable

only way it works with sony Android googlecast is to renoot tv begore using. plugged in old chrome cast and workef except it noe says i have used all my devices! what a shambles

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Casting to Sony TV is not actually supported.  It does work at times however it is not guaranteed to work.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Sony android tv with built in chrome cast. I'm trying to get nowtv to cast to the tv, but get the error message "we are unable to play on the chromecast device. Please try again. Unknown error". Before I get the message the tv shows the nowtv splash screen with the screenshot/name of the film I'm trying to cast, so it's obviously seeing the device. FYI nowtv works on all my other devices. Any thoughts on what the solution might be would be appreciated!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User at present NOW TV only supports Chromecasts, not Google Cast enabled TVs.