cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just signed up from a chromecast offer

And as soon as I completed the sign up I was redirected to https://watch.nowtv.com/devices/chromecast/download which doesn't exist.

Not exactly a good first impression, NowTV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to agree with @Kazinar he said in plain english that he signed up and after completion he was directed to a website that didn't exist and was making you aware.  Then ofc you all come back with with simply r3tard3d questions.  I have been on the same end of Kazinar dealing with live support before so much so I was given 3 or 4 months free movies/enterment as an appoligy.  The problem is is that far too many of the Staff are not fully aware of the services on offer and though they try there best to resolve issues normally ending up falling flat on their face and infuriating customers!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this.

Do you mean you completed the sign up from the Google site and it redirected you to this link or that you completeed the sign up on NOW TV and it sent you to that page?

We don't think that there is currently a ChromeCast promotional offer running, can you tell where you got the offer from as we've checked ChromeCast and don't see it as a current offer there right now?

However, if I'm somehow mistaken and you have been given this offer, just to be clear, the journey you go through should be:

1. See offer on Google ChromeCast offer page.
  2. Click on the offer
  3. Get redirected to NOW TV where offer is automatically added for you.

Please let us know if you've gone through the above.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You're clueless arne't you?

Would you like a photo of the chromecast offer? The one that is glued to the side of the chromcast box? The one that you're paying google to advertise for you?

The one I signed up to nowTV from and actually worked?

It's the SIGN UP PROCESS that is broken, it redirects to a web page that doesn't exist.

I don't know what is so hard to understand about that but fine, as you have no interest in retaining new sign ups and want to make things difficult for people then fine.

I'll just sit here and laugh about how technically stupid you all are.

Bye now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We're trying to help you out here and do not appreciate your choice of words.

If you still want us to help you with this, please answer the questions @Anonymous User has asked in his post.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, you're not. You're sticking to a script.

I'm trying to explain something to you that could affect customers and you're not interested. You even take several days to even bother to reply.

So, you don't like my "choice of words". That's fine. I don't like your technical incompetence so lets agree to not talk to each other ever again.

Deal?

Good. Bye now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.

My parents got a new Chromecast a week ago with the offer for the Entertainment pass on the box. However, in the small print, the offer ended on 31st August. Perhaps that was the problem you experienced? Frustrating indeed, but not the fault of Now TV.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, that's not the issue I expericed. THE OFFER WORKED. The end of offer date is 31.1.16

Did you not read the first post? No, of course not.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User there is no such page as https://watch.nowtv.com/devices existing let alone the one you posted.  Someone somewhere has left a dodgy link in place.  When I first had my chromecast, it came up with the Now tv offer and generated a unique Now TV voucher code which needed to be keyed into my account.  Did yours not do the same?  It is just you said the offer worked so I presume you applied a code to your account with Now TV?  Normally you can then load Now TV on up to 4 devices by similarly loading the app on that device signing in and watching, so it seems strange that you are taken to a page that asks you to download the app?  Though to be honest you would not download to chromecast, so I am not sure why such a link would exist at all. Only thing I can think is that perhaps something in the code made it look like it was from Chromecast?  Chromecast is a bit of a pain in that it takes up two device slots- one for the device you are casting from and one for the chromecast.  

This article might help you: http://help.nowtv.com/article/Using-Chromecast  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if you go on the chromecast set up site and offers does the NowTV offer show?  In mine it still does but the code no longer works.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to agree with @Kazinar he said in plain english that he signed up and after completion he was directed to a website that didn't exist and was making you aware.  Then ofc you all come back with with simply r3tard3d questions.  I have been on the same end of Kazinar dealing with live support before so much so I was given 3 or 4 months free movies/enterment as an appoligy.  The problem is is that far too many of the Staff are not fully aware of the services on offer and though they try there best to resolve issues normally ending up falling flat on their face and infuriating customers!