cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues with chromecast

Not sure if this is a chromecast issue or a now tv app issue..

For the past two days whenever I pause a program or film I'm watching it won't let me press play again. I have to stop casting then recast and re select what I'm watching. Also if I want to watch the next episode of something I have to do the same thing or else it plays the new episode but thinks it is still on the old one.

Also when I'm not on the app but it's in the background it no longer has the Nowtv logo at the top of my screen where my battery and time etc is, it's just the chromecast sign showing its casting. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Thanks
44 REPLIES 44
Soulcal24
Scholar 3

Hi. If your all having issues with your Chromecast check current firmware versions which states that all Chromecasts are running on firmware version 1.25.90308
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do have that firmware version. 

I have factory reseted  chrome cast, deleted and downloaded the app again.

It worked ONCE,now I am again unable to cast Now tv (although Now tv connects to Chrome cast, it does not cast).

Any advice? Otherwise Im afraid I will have to cancel my suscription

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No chromcast logo, I'm not in Ireland and I've read through all the threads... any advice please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue - pausing playback on the Android phone works buts the buffering animation won't go away and I can't re-start the TV programme. I have to stop casting and then re-cast.

This post is nearly a year old and there's still no resolution?!

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat 7.0
Chromecast 1.25.90308
Virgin Media Tivo modem/wifi

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been following this thread for a while as i have the same issue. I need to have two android devices to use Now TV with Chromecast, one to pause and one to restart!

No problem with any other streaming apps. Come on Now TV, where's the fix?