cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues with chromecast

Not sure if this is a chromecast issue or a now tv app issue..

For the past two days whenever I pause a program or film I'm watching it won't let me press play again. I have to stop casting then recast and re select what I'm watching. Also if I want to watch the next episode of something I have to do the same thing or else it plays the new episode but thinks it is still on the old one.

Also when I'm not on the app but it's in the background it no longer has the Nowtv logo at the top of my screen where my battery and time etc is, it's just the chromecast sign showing its casting. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Thanks
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F

Same thing trying to do it that way too. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same issue with NowTV on Android with my Chromecast. I am casting from a Samsung S4 mini. I purchased the cinema pass and installed the Nowtv app a couple of weeks ago. Everything is fine until I pause. I get the same behaviour as the others in this thread. In addition to restarting the app, I've found that if I use the location slider  I can get it to restart playing the film, although this is far from ideal as it will skip forward or backwards. Is there a fix or any advice on how to resolve this. It doesn't happen on other apps and is quite annoying.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Hi Andy.

I've been looking around for a fix on this and so far i've came across a few ideas surrounding the Cached data being held in your storage. However i've already seen that people have uninstalled the app and reinstalled which should solve the Cache problem but it doesnt seem to fix it. I have raised it off to our I.T team who will be looking into this problem and hopefully we will have a fix ASAP.

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue with NowTV on Android with my Chromecast. I am casting from a Samsung S4 mini. I purchased the cinema pass and installed the Nowtv app a couple of weeks ago. Everything is fine until I pause. I get the same behaviour as the others in this thread. In addition to restarting the app, I've found that if I use the location slider  I can get it to restart playing the film, although this is far from ideal as it will skip forward or backwards. Is there a fix or any advice on how to resolve this. It doesn't happen on other apps and is quite annoying.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just adding a "me too" here. I have to make a note of the time I pause the film and then try to use the position slider to get near to where I was. Android+Chromecast is perfect for me, as it doesn't require a specific box (I already used chromecast for other things), is quiet (the PS4 fan can be distracting in some films), and can be controlled from the phone. Please make pause work properly: it genuinely makes me use NowTv less as it currently stands (2.5hr film without a comfort / drink break?).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another "me too" here when on Android Marshmallow + Chromecast. Will try Apple + Chromecast tomorrow.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exact same symptoms here ... any news on this issue?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue trying to cast to an Nvidia Shield TV, all other apps cast fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

casting to Nvidia Shield is knackered! 😔

(every other app BBC, ITV, 4, 5 etc etc work perfectly!) 😏 

im using the NowTV app on my iPad Air 2! 🤗

-------

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  unfortunately only actual chromecast is supported.  Nvidia shield has never officially been supported.  Some folk have been fortune for it to work.  However, I believe that is because the Now system thought it was a Chromecast device.  As versions upgrade diffrentials are more obvious so that it no longer seems to be a Chromecast.    I would not be surprised if in the future the casting capability of Now is expanded, for example to Miracast or similar to enable use on more devices.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 thanks for the reply mate! 🍻

(as per usual NowTV is the exception to the rule! 😔 ... absolutely every other App works perfectly) 🙈

been a long time user but I'm gonna have to seriously consider cancelling my subscriptions now as it's just one problem / disappointment after the next! 😔

Simon