cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues with chromecast

Not sure if this is a chromecast issue or a now tv app issue..

For the past two days whenever I pause a program or film I'm watching it won't let me press play again. I have to stop casting then recast and re select what I'm watching. Also if I want to watch the next episode of something I have to do the same thing or else it plays the new episode but thinks it is still on the old one.

Also when I'm not on the app but it's in the background it no longer has the Nowtv logo at the top of my screen where my battery and time etc is, it's just the chromecast sign showing its casting. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Thanks
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for letting me know @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

I shall report this back to the development team.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been happening to me as well sometimes it happens even if it's been paused a minute or so.  Pausing  and resuming  via the 'home'  app which use to be the 'Google cast'  app works but not through the nowTV app. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm new to Now TV and I'm having similar issues when trying to pause, stop, rewind etc when watching a show. I'd be interested in any help, once there's a solution. For now it's really frustrating.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User. @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

Thanks for everyone's patience with this.

An update was released on the 10th that should resolve this issue.

If you're still experiencing it, please try deleting and then re-installing the NOW TV app.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope I've reinstalled and still happening. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know @Anonymous User. 

We'll get this looked into and see what we can find out. 

Are you able to send us an image of when the you are paused on the chromecast device? 

Can you also let me know if you start the stream by playing on a device first and then casting it? 

Thanks,

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F Here you go the first one is from stright after pausing as you can see from the second shot it continues to appear to be buffering and the time into the programme  keeps counting up with no way to resume it from within the NowTV app. It can only be resumed from google's 'home'  app in the third screen shot.

I always cast before playing a programme.

Hope this helps. 

Screenshot_20161117-151919.pngScreenshot_20161117-152635.pngScreenshot_20161117-152739.png

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting these too me @Anonymous User. 

Would you be able to try playing the show first on your device and then casting? 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F

I'm unable to play on my device first as my 4 linked devices don't include my tablet or phone. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have granted you 2 additional device changes for this month so you can try what @Karl-F has asked above.

This will allow you to remove a device to add your phone/tablet and then swap them back if needed.

Let us know how you get on.

Andy