cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issue with casting the Discovery Channel

For the past week I have been unable to cast the LIVE stream of the Discovery Channel from my Android tablet to my Sony Android TV. When trying to cast any other Entertainment or Movie channels it work absolutely fine or if I only watch the Discovery Channel from my tablet this works fine as well.

I also have another TV with Chromecast attached and an iPad so thought I'd give it ago on these devices as well, again the LIVE stream of the Discovery Channel will not cast but all other channels are absolutely fine.

I then decided to uninstalled the NOWTV and Googlecast apps from all of my devices and reinstall them and again the problem still persists.

This is not a hardware related issue but could be an issue with Discovery Channel itself. For some sort of reason it just won't allow you cast whilst all other channels are working fine. Normally what would happen when casting from a tablet is eventually a stop button will appear when it is successfully casting to stop the stream on my TV. With the Discovery Channel I get four colours continously spinning around and nothing gets casted to the TV nor do I get a stop button appear on my tablet.

NOWTV can you please investigate? I would like going back to watching my favourite channel on my TV rather than on my tablet.

Does anyone else have the same problem with casting the Discovery Channel?

Thanks.

28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would have been nice if you could explain what the issue was in the first place and timescales to resolve it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

The tech teams don't give us the reason, all we know is that they have identified the issue and we are working with Google on a resolution.

We are unable to put any timescales as to when it will be fixed at this stage but as soon as we know we will update you.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have this issue - thought it was just me but clearly not. If not resolved soon I will cancel, as Discovery is pretty much the only channel I watch.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, 

We do apologise but as @Anonymous User mentioned we are looking into this and will hopefully have a fix in place soon. 

We appreciate your patience. 

Thanks, 

Seema

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@BicBasher@Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

This issue should now be resolved.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Should we be grateful? This cost you my membership. Always let down by poor customer service and technical support by now tv.

Your business is streaming... When a channel does not work it takes you four weeks to resolve it?

You launch your new TV promising something special? It's not that. You have a digital tuner which does not allow recording? Big let down!!!

You do not support 4k? Big let down..

You say without the contract but its comparatively expensive.

Subtitles? Coming in November? We will see... all in all hardly makes me want to ditch my existing provider.

If the above features are incorporated only then would i consider coming back to now tv.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User,

We don't expect that from you, it was a massive inconvenience and we fully understand that we just wanted to let you know it's fixed.

Please understand that this issue was not the channel not working it was an issue specific to Chromecast and we actually worked with them to get this fixed, we don't like that it took this long but sadly we don't have control over how long it takes to fix technical issues.

Subtitles have been announced so I would personally say that's a good indicate that they will be coming on that date. We tend not to announce things until we're sure. 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy - fair play, appears sorted at my end. Cheers, E.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Time will tell with regards to subtitles.

With regards to the issue at hand. Four weeks is a long time. Was the fix requiring an update for Chromecast users? Was a new application patch released for android users?

I don't believe this was so. Therefore my conclusion stands... It's taken now TV far FAR too long to resolve.

You move at a very slow pace. I've been waiting along with others for Sky to resolve an issue with their WiFi application. This is months broken and no sign of a fix!!!! This is typical of the organisation's inability to provide the full service you expect you're customers to pay for on a monthly basis.