cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issue with casting the Discovery Channel

For the past week I have been unable to cast the LIVE stream of the Discovery Channel from my Android tablet to my Sony Android TV. When trying to cast any other Entertainment or Movie channels it work absolutely fine or if I only watch the Discovery Channel from my tablet this works fine as well.

I also have another TV with Chromecast attached and an iPad so thought I'd give it ago on these devices as well, again the LIVE stream of the Discovery Channel will not cast but all other channels are absolutely fine.

I then decided to uninstalled the NOWTV and Googlecast apps from all of my devices and reinstall them and again the problem still persists.

This is not a hardware related issue but could be an issue with Discovery Channel itself. For some sort of reason it just won't allow you cast whilst all other channels are working fine. Normally what would happen when casting from a tablet is eventually a stop button will appear when it is successfully casting to stop the stream on my TV. With the Discovery Channel I get four colours continously spinning around and nothing gets casted to the TV nor do I get a stop button appear on my tablet.

NOWTV can you please investigate? I would like going back to watching my favourite channel on my TV rather than on my tablet.

Does anyone else have the same problem with casting the Discovery Channel?

Thanks.

28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi guys, still having the same issue with being unable to cast discovery channel to my chrome cast.. This has now been a problem for over 3 weeks! We purchased the entertainment pass primarily for the discovery channel, yet we have only been able to watch through our iPads.. We starting to feel like we have been ripped off! How long does it take to resolve problems like this? Is this issue set to be resolved or should we cancel the entertainment pass!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
#Fugly I totally agree with you.

It's starting to get tiresome.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's typical of the PATHETIC customer Service!!!! Get Used to it........

Now TV quote the same old crap time after time....Customer Service is extremely important blah blah blah.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

The teams are looking into this issue.

As soon as we have more information we will update you all.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are still awaiting a resolution from our tech team everyone.

I will push today for an update.

Sorry again

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here, haven't been able to watch discovery on chromecast for a few weeks now. Worked absalutely fine before this. All other channels still work. Tried allsorts to get it working again but all attempts have failed.

Highly annoyed as discovery was one of the main reasons i switched from netflix. Yeh it still plays on my tablet but who wants to sit and watch tv on a tiny tablet screen when they are at home?? 

PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,
I'm having exactly the same issue, can't cast from iPhone/iPad to chromecast but it does work on the smart tv.
Discovery is pretty much the only channel I like to watch live on Now TV!
I'm surprised it's been going on for over 2 weeks and still hasn't been resolved?

Thanks,

Mell.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are having the same issue here. I have an android phone and my boyfriend has an iPhone. The channel works if we play it on our phones but neither will play when casted to an LG or Samsung TV. All other channels work fine, it's just discovery.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

I've been experiencing the same issue for around 4 weeks now and nothing seems to help. I've tried to reinstall the app and also using different devices without success.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

Apologies for the problems.

We've found the root cause and are working on getting this all resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Rich

The NOW TV Team