cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issue with casting the Discovery Channel

For the past week I have been unable to cast the LIVE stream of the Discovery Channel from my Android tablet to my Sony Android TV. When trying to cast any other Entertainment or Movie channels it work absolutely fine or if I only watch the Discovery Channel from my tablet this works fine as well.

I also have another TV with Chromecast attached and an iPad so thought I'd give it ago on these devices as well, again the LIVE stream of the Discovery Channel will not cast but all other channels are absolutely fine.

I then decided to uninstalled the NOWTV and Googlecast apps from all of my devices and reinstall them and again the problem still persists.

This is not a hardware related issue but could be an issue with Discovery Channel itself. For some sort of reason it just won't allow you cast whilst all other channels are working fine. Normally what would happen when casting from a tablet is eventually a stop button will appear when it is successfully casting to stop the stream on my TV. With the Discovery Channel I get four colours continously spinning around and nothing gets casted to the TV nor do I get a stop button appear on my tablet.

NOWTV can you please investigate? I would like going back to watching my favourite channel on my TV rather than on my tablet.

Does anyone else have the same problem with casting the Discovery Channel?

Thanks.

28 REPLIES 28
BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User  Yes, I can't cast the Discovery Channel using the Chromecast as well.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've tried again and it's still not working.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately we do not support casting to an Android TV, It is not one of our supported devices i'm afraid.

Although you may be able to cast some programs we would be unable to offer any troubleshooting steps until this device is fully supported by NOW TV.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User (NOW TV Team) I don't think you read my initial post properly.

Even though you do not support Android tvs, I also mentioned using an iPad with NOWTV installed casting to a Samsung tv with Chromecast attached and it also has the same issue, the Discovery Channel does not cast whilst all other channels work perfectly fine.

Has anyone tried using the NOWTV app to cast the Discovery Channel to a tv with chromecast or to an Android tv? It will be interesting if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

@Anonymous User (NOW TV Team) I think you should try this to confirm if you can cast the Discovery Channel from the NOWTV app.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I believe you've since e-mailed a colleague of mine on this issue. We're going to look into this for you.

Thanks,

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here with Chromecast and live discovery - works fine on laptop and all other live streams work.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We are going to look into this.

In the mean time can you try resetting your device?

Thanks 

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have got this problem too...and it just with the Discovery channel....everything else is ok.

I have only purchased the entertainment package to watch the discovery channel so would appreciate your help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had this issue for sometime casting to chromecast(about 2 weeks)...

Available to watch through my iPad though, Sucks as we only have entertainment for discovery! Although I have just been told I can use mirroring(iPad) to view on my TVs. But not tried yet..