cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDMI streaming not supported to chromecast

HI after setting the now tv box up on my main TV and working ok, I loaded the app on to my samsung tablet and using chrome cast to my bedroom tv (JVC  smart TV) I got Now TV on the big screen, however when I start to play, I get the error message "Sorry, we dont support HDMI streaming to your TV from mobile devices. But dont worry, there are lots of ways to get NOW TV on to your big screen.  Watch it with Apple TV, ChromeCast, your Xbox or PlayStation, or the NOWTV box"

Unlike others my chromecast does no appear as a device but it working as I can stream anything else, even NOW TV up to the point of actually playing something (everything on the entertaiment packge gives the same error).

I currently can only see my NOW TV box (or the TV its connected to) and my tablet in my devices

5 REPLIES 5
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for posting.

Have you tried installing the NOW TV app on the Chromecast itself? This would register it as a device and should have you watching content in no time!

Here's some information on getting started with Chromecast.

Thanks,

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The now Tv app was install via chrome cast "find Apps" on my tablet, as mentioned it is streaming NOWTV up to the point I press play, I can stream BBC Iplayer, ITV Hub and ALL4 as well as netflix only NOWTV gives me problems

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

Can you try updating your Android OS.

Additionally, please also try deleting the NOW TV app, reinstalling and then trying again.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok all is now working no idea it just started working, the whole process seemd to indicate I could not add any more devices, although I only had two, I can now see my  xbox and my chromecast as well and all is working on all devices, although I do agree with others chrome cast should not be listed asa device as you cant watch NOW TV on it, it is a streaming media to allow you to connect to another devcie to watch

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting back in touch. Glad to hear that it's all up and running again. You don't need to have a device as part of your 4 to cast from. You just need to make sure that you press the cast button before you press play on any content.

If you have any further issues then please give us a nudge 🙂

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team