cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exceeding 4 registers devices

I didn't anticipate my new chromecast would count as a device because another registered device is needed to cast the app, such as my registered smartphone or tablet. I therefore now require to register 5 devices. Will I need to take out another contract or is there a way around this? I know I can unregister however I've been told only one registration is allowed each month, is that correct?
1 REPLY 1
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The Chromecast does need to be a registered device as it streams the feed direct from NOW TV, the phone/tablet just acts as a remote.

If you want to watch on your phone/tablet separately as well as use them to control the Chromecast then they will all need to be registered. So if you definitely want all 5 of your devices registered you'd need to set up a second account and buy passes on there as well, there's no 'workaround'.

However, if you just want to use one of them to control the Chromecast then you can remove it from your account and as long as you always preses the cast button in the NOW TV app as soon as you open it your phone/tablet (before you choose something to cast) then it won't get registered again. That will free up a slot for you to use for your Chromecast.

You are right normally you can only add one new device a month, but if you have a word with Live Chat, and explain what's happened they should be able to sort out an extra swap for you as a courtesy.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices