cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device limit reached

Hi,

Everything was working fine last night, but now we can't Chromecast to our TV because of a device limit.

it says we can't add another device until the 1st September but that will mean we can't use NowTV until then.

cheers

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility and explain your situation to them... They're usually pretty quick at resolving such things 😉

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility and explain your situation to them... They're usually pretty quick at resolving such things 😉

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Found the chat option in the end - they don't make it easy!

Turns out my sign had removed the Chromecast device accidently - and for some reason we could'nt undo that or put it back.

All sorted now, thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Device activity Limit reached.......Can't find any way around this, any help??

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Thunder

Contact Live Chat on the following URL:

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Supported-devices

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

When it comes to device limit resetting, I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility and explain your situation to them. Although they're usually pretty quick at resolving such things,  please be aware they are under no obligation to do so. Smiley Wink

The easiest way of accessing 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did!
They were really good. Problem solved!
Thanks for the help!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just gone to live chat, and they said they can only remove what's on my list to add the chromecast, and they would 'feed back my comments to a higher team?!!' No help at all!!
There aren't these problems on Netflix...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey guys, so I've also hit this issue, and it drove me absolutely mental. The NowTV app is rather restrictive on what you can, and cannot do. 

I have however found a solution that works for me. Instead of the Chromecast, I've bought the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Wireless-Display-V2-Adapter/dp/B01C9YTI9S?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSH...)

I then watch NowTV in my browser, and cast to it by telling my computer to view it as a second display. This won't work in the app, but from the browser using the Wireless Display functionality of Windows 10 - perfect.

I suspect with Chrome open in the background, you could do something similar for a Chromecast:

https://www.howtogeek.com/199565/mirror-anything-from-your-computer-to-your-tv-using-google-chromeca...

You need to cast your desktop using Chrome, and watch NowTV in Internet Explorer / Firefox. It's hacky, but it works.

Here you can cast your entire desktop instead of an app. This won't help those of you who are using a mobile phone to cast, but anyone using a Windows tablet can use this method.