cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device limit issues

My old chromecast broke so I bought a new one today.

i haven't changed any settings on my NowTV yet apparently I have exceeded the number of changes to devices I can add. I only have one device - why do I now have to wait until the end of the month to be able to watch the streaming service which I am paying for? I should be able to access that whenever I want.

why would you even put a device limit on it? What is the point?

Now I am 50 quid down on buying a new chromecast and I'm paying for NowTV and can't stream it to my TV. So what are you going to do? I think some sort of recompense is forthcoming but you can't even call directly to the company. Why don't you have a helpline? 

Please answer me and explain how I can get around this as I'd like to watch NowTV tonight as I HAVE PAID FOR IT.

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User but it will. As long as you never play content on the iPad and always hit the cast button first your iPad won't count as one of your devices.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User try it what have you to lose?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't at the moment all my device spaces are full and I won't have enough changes to do what's required.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have granted you a few extra changes to your devices

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User but it's not working at all now...

I appreicate the help but seriously cant be a....d with all the messing around, the TV I'm trying to do this with is beyond a smart TV, it has an Android TV platform, yet Now TV don't seem to be fussed about putting its apps on that platform.

Really Dissapointing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All I did was allow you 3 extra device changes on your account for this month @Anonymous User

I can't provide any troubleshooting for you as we don't  support Android TV although some customers can cast to it.

I have asked if Android TV is in the pipeline but as yet I have no answer.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I mean the app on both iPhone and iPad no longer give the option to cast... It's been a while since I used it so maybe its been disabled in an update... wouldn 't suprise me afterall we only payu for restrictions afterall.

Sorry for my negative tone but when it comes to media and broadcasting in the UK, we get a rubbish deal in mu oppinion, we're always late to see anything by which time the internet has ruined it for us and when you do go buy something theirs some stupid restriction on how to watch it, or where, or when..... hell wouldn't suprise me if when watching on a tablet or phone they pause it everytime your not smiling or laughing ::( 

Anyway, been and brought a new LG TV which has the app built in, still not happy its in standard def though.... TV's 4K! 

Legend 5
Legend 5

Ok so do you mean that they are all used by devices other than the Chromecast and iPad?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.