cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device limit issues

My old chromecast broke so I bought a new one today.

i haven't changed any settings on my NowTV yet apparently I have exceeded the number of changes to devices I can add. I only have one device - why do I now have to wait until the end of the month to be able to watch the streaming service which I am paying for? I should be able to access that whenever I want.

why would you even put a device limit on it? What is the point?

Now I am 50 quid down on buying a new chromecast and I'm paying for NowTV and can't stream it to my TV. So what are you going to do? I think some sort of recompense is forthcoming but you can't even call directly to the company. Why don't you have a helpline? 

Please answer me and explain how I can get around this as I'd like to watch NowTV tonight as I HAVE PAID FOR IT.

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

No problem, Live Chat can sort this for you.  Click on this link http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV and hit the green Contact Us at the bottom of the page, this will take you to the Live Chat & Email options (8am - Midnight). Best to use a PC/Mac.

Hope this helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have sorted this for you.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User is it normal for chromecast to take up two device allocations??

When I 'used' to watch on my Sony Android TV by casting from my iPad I would end up losing 2 spaces because it would be one for iPad and one for the TV... bit unfair considering the TV is merely a display and not actually running any form of app that I'm dissapointed to see still hasn't be produced on one of the most popular platforms around. (Android)

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User is it normal for chromecast to take up two device allocations??

When I 'used' to watch on my Sony Android TV by casting from my iPad I would end up losing 2 spaces because it would be one for iPad and one for the TV... bit unfair considering the TV is merely a display and not actually running any form of app that I'm dissapointed to see still hasn't be produced on one of the most popular platforms around. (Android)

Hi @Anonymous User

there are two ways in which streaming services can handle device allocation when it comes to the Chromecast. The first and most common way of handling device allocation is that the control device that controls the chromecast is registered as a device. Which means only that device can control the chromecast  when using that particular service and the chromecast itself is not registered as a device.

The second way of handling it is to have the chromecast itself registered as a device. This is how NowTV do it. The advantage of this method is that it does not matter what device controls the chromecast and if you don't want your phone or tablet registered as a device. All you need to do is make sure that the NowTV app on your phone or tablet is in cast mode before you start streaming. Given that a chrome cast is a very easy device to move around NowTV's method can actually be less restrictive because as I said above, it does not matter what device controls the chrome cast because it is the chrome cast itself that is registered as a device. now TVs systems won't care about what device your chrome cast is plugged into as long as that device is HDCP compliant.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't move the chrome cast.... it's built into my Android TV (Sony Bravia 2015)

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User do you use your ipad as a Now device other than to cast to the chromecast in your tv?  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 nope or it wouldn't be a problem.

I think Now TV need to add a control mode to their Phone/Tablet apps.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User in that case have you tried removing the IPad as a device. Then opening the app on your phone, putting it into cast mode, connecting to the Chromecast and then playing content?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 No i haven't but thats not going to make any differance anyway.