cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Management with Chromecast

Hi,

I was wondering why the chromecast option takes up a device management slot, as we need a registered device to cast from...? This means to watch nowtv via chromecast, I need to use 2 of the 4 available slots.
Are there any plans to increase the device number limit or remove the registered device requirement for the chromecast?
92 REPLIES 92
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm also having big problems with chromecasts tying up device slots.

I have two chromecasts and was using the second one, it wan't registered so I thought I could swap them over. But then it said I couldn't add an extra device and I had already removed my first chromecast from the list 😕

Now I can't use either 😞

Could you not make chromecasts not take up a slot?

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi as Chromecast and my phone will be classes as 2 devices eill this mean if I'm watching via chromecast thi will mean for my account noone else can view nowtv on their registered device at the same time as I
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User as the phone is no longer playing the content it shouldn't count as one of the two streams, however you might need to wait 10-15 minutes for it to forgot about the mobile. Should be an easy enough test though.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

As mentioned by @Anonymous User as long as the stream is stopped on the device other than Chromecast, another user will be able to stream NOW TV.

If you have any further questions please feel free to get back in touch. 

Many Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

+1 on this, the Chromecast is merely a receiver for content much like a TV, enabling a TV to become the content monitor, I also have Netflix and multiple Chromecasts and Netflix only sees my tablet as the device, it's disappointing that Sky don't see the purpose of the Chromecast and the way that content is used in the same way that Netflix does instead of this overly restricted way........

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's possible however to cast to the device through an unallocated phone (and rooted ones at that) so I'm guessing it's this use case which causes it to count as one of the four.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I see,so the device 'transmitting' to the chromecast doesn't have to be one of your 4! Just the chromecast.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
In my experience it added my iPad as well using 2 slots 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the Chromecast is only one slot. What do you see in the My Devices section of My Account?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi it alos added the iPad used to stream from