Occasional Poster
Accepted Solution

Chromecast

I have 3 Chromecast devices on 3 sep tv's - do each count as a device for the 4 device limit ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Champion 1

Re: Chromecast

@Screendoor  same concept applies.  Cast first then play.  You could even have a 4th device should you so choose.  The Now service allows you to play out to 2 devices at the same time.  Hence why I mentioned using 2 devices.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor not staff so cannot help you with account matters I can just attempt to point you in the right direction.

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

Devices I am currently using for Now: Android app on Moto G5 Plus, Chromecast, LG TV, Smart box.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Elite 3

@Screendoor

If the three Chromecasts are linked to the same username account, then the answer would be yes.

Occasional Poster

Thanks - seems a bit harsh as can only use one at a time for the Now stream, irrespective of the fact that Chromecast is not really a stand alone device
Champion 1

@Screendoor if you select cast from your phone app before playing content only the Chromecast counts as a device. This would enable you to use two Chromecasts at the same time.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor not staff so cannot help you with account matters I can just attempt to point you in the right direction.

Contact Now...

Devices I am currently using for Now: Android app on Moto G5 Plus, Chromecast, LG TV, Smart box.
Occasional Poster

Thanks

Am not trying to use two at the same time, just to be able to choose from the 3 at any time  ?

Highlighted
Champion 1

@Screendoor  same concept applies.  Cast first then play.  You could even have a 4th device should you so choose.  The Now service allows you to play out to 2 devices at the same time.  Hence why I mentioned using 2 devices.

Contact Now...