cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast problems

Hi All, can anyone help please? When i first downloaded Ios app NOWTV cast fine to Chromecast. Now it wont. The NowTV landing page comes up and says "ready to cast" but when i play the film it doesnt cast. Ghe film runs on my iphone ok - and chromecast works with youtube vids cast from the same iphone first time everytime. Anyone had similar (and resolved it)?
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok I  signed out and deleted everything off every device. I've reset the chromecast and I've rebooted my router. This allowed us to watch one program and now we have the same problem again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have used Now TV for nearly a year now and always cast to my to from my iPad using a chromecast. Recently I have been getting an error message which read

'somethings not right. Give it a moment, or check nowtv.com/status for updates (0)'

All software on the iPad is up to date and I have tried resetting the chromecast only to get the same message. Other devices such as iplayer and YouTube work fine.

can anyone help with this.

thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried rebooting your Router ?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  try clearing your watchlist first and then searching again for program then select cast before playing program.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Let's keep this to the other thread where you have posted.

I will merge the 2 threads together.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Is it just NOW TV that's playing up?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Out of curiosity who is your ISP ?

Is the NOW TV App/ Cast App all upto date on your device ?

Are you using the old style Chromecast or the Chromecast 2 ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User & @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your Chromecast.

I have some things you can try 🙂

Could you try resetting the device by holding the button on the device for 30 seconds? 

You may need to try re-adding the device to the Chromecast app too.

Can you also confirm what version of iOS you're using? (As exact as possible)

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

iOS software is 9.3.2

i have tried resetting the device but get the same error.

I have also had all devices removed from now TV and readded by one of your team.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User clear your watchlist. It may be causing the issue.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.