cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast problems

Hi All, can anyone help please? When i first downloaded Ios app NOWTV cast fine to Chromecast. Now it wont. The NowTV landing page comes up and says "ready to cast" but when i play the film it doesnt cast. Ghe film runs on my iphone ok - and chromecast works with youtube vids cast from the same iphone first time everytime. Anyone had similar (and resolved it)?
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have BT as your Internet provider can you disable Smart Setup.

This should resolve your issue for you.

To disable Smart Setup see this link - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem. Chromecast works fine with all other players but not now tv. My broadband is provided my talktalk 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  silly question are you trying to cast from inside the app or are you casting your screen then trying to play content?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem. It has worked fine for months, and yesterday suddenly stopped working.

i am chrome casting from within the now TV app: it will play on my iPad but not on screen.

other apps are working generally ok, but absolutely nothing from now TV 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  the issue may be related to your Ipad App.  I have just tried casting to Chromecast from the Android app and that is working fine.  Might be worth popping onto chat and trouble shooting there with the tech team.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried both ways and still the same error

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I might have missed this in the above threads, but have you tried reinstalling the iOS Chromecast app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I've tried reinstalling the app. We have 2 iPads and it's the same issue on both

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Other things that you can try if you haven't tried them already are.

Sign out of the nowtv app on your device, then delete the nowtv app then go to the App store and download & reinstall the nowtv app then log back in again.

If that doesn't work i would try signing out of the nowtv app then switch off your router for 30 minutes then try signing in again on the nowtv app.