cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues with chromecast

Not sure if this is a chromecast issue or a now tv app issue..

For the past two days whenever I pause a program or film I'm watching it won't let me press play again. I have to stop casting then recast and re select what I'm watching. Also if I want to watch the next episode of something I have to do the same thing or else it plays the new episode but thinks it is still on the old one.

Also when I'm not on the app but it's in the background it no longer has the Nowtv logo at the top of my screen where my battery and time etc is, it's just the chromecast sign showing its casting. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Thanks
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with the last post. My nvidia shield has just been updated to android 7. But as usual now TV (sky) are lagging behind all the other Chromecast apps and it still doesn't work.They have been saying for ages that it will hopefully work soon 😣😣😣
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, whenever I pause my Chromecast I'm unable to play again. I'm aware of the update but this issue still stands, this also happens when I switch programs. It just freezes on the last played item on my phone, so am unable to even press pause.

Any advice is much appreciated

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  apologies no one has seen this.  Try updating your app on your device.  I know there was an update recently to the Android app.  Also try clearing your cache on your device for the app and if necessary data (you may have to re log in)

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem as well (noticed similar comments from people in the play stores review section as well). Once you pause you can't resume, only way is to uncast then recast.

moto g 4th gen play

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is definitely still an issue. I'm having same problem.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also getting the exact same issue.  I have just signed up for a trial with Now Cinema Pass but will not be staying if this is not fixed as I rely on my Chromecast. 

Has there been any update please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. Can pause the content but won't let me 're start it. Surely this is a fixable problem?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also still having this issue. Whenever I pause a show after it has been playing for a minute or so, I just see the buffering logo, and I can't play it again.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

1. Not transmitting to chromecast, devasted as cannot watch the open golf.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately i can't help with your Chromecast issues apart from the following suggestions.

Try a reset in your Chromecast App, make sure that both the Chromecast and NowTV App are up to date and if you are a BT customer using a BT Router switch off the smart setup feature on your Router.

If you are from the Republic of Ireland, then currently Chromecast is not supported with the NowTV Ireland service.