cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast issues!

When chromecasting now TV from my iPad, approximately 20-30 minutes into a film the Chromecast stops casting the film but now TV remains cast. I've reset my Chromecast, updated all apps etc etc.. But nothing seems to prevent this from occurring. What is going on? This is driving me absolutely insane and I don't pay for entertainment and movies to not have the pleasure of casting an entire film without disruption. 

Please help. 

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please try deleting the NOW TV app on your iPhone and then re-installing. A reset of your Chromecast may also prove useful.

Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's from my iPad as stated above. And I've already reset my chromecast and uninstalled the nowtv and chromecast apps and reinstalled them. But still no change.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Can you please let us know if your iPad is up to date with the latest software? 

Are you also able to let us know what films you have tried to watch? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello again - sorry for the late reply. It annoyed me that much I avoided using the app and chrome casting. Still having issues. Updated my iPad software and have just been watching whiplash only for it to stop about half way through! Other films have included Lucy and Ride Along - has happened to many but didn't take note. What else can you suggest?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting back to us, when you're watching on the app through the iPad is it okay? It's just when you cast when the issues start?

Can you try rebooting your router for me also, are there any other devices you use to view NOW TV? How is the performance on them if you do.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only use my iPad to use now tv and always chromecast. Router reboot has occurred multiple times but doesn't change anything.

When watching whiplash the other evening, it cut the film at least 5 times - I know it's not my chromecast losing power as the now tv stays connected to my chromecast but stops the film - annoyingly it doesn't remember the point of disconnect meaning I have to try and find the point where I got to. This is another reason I know the chromecast isn't losing power as when that happens it stores the last point I get to on a given film/programme. Beginning to get very frustrating considering I'm paying for entertainment and movies with the privilege of being able to cast only to be left frustrated that I keep having my films interrupted!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also internet speed is not an issue. Just did a speed test and download speed reached 37mbps
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User sounds like an issue with your Chromecast / home network. If you have a read through the 100's of posts here you'll see other users having similar issues with other media apps.

Whilst there appears to be no one fix some options for you to try.

* assign your Chromecast a static IP on the router

* ensure that no sleep modes are enabled on your casting device

* change the wifi channel on the router

* if the Chromecast is powered from a plug, try via a USB port on the TV, or vice-versa

* if you have any other wifi devices close by remove them (including any wifi sticks for the TV itself)

* adjust the beacon interval to 50ms on the router

some of these options won't be applicable or available on your hardward, but worth giving any/all a try