cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast being used as comparable device

I have used my Chromecast before and it has been added as a comparable device so I assumed I could login on another device not comparable (as I have just had a phone upgrade and can't add another device yet). Why does not need both my phone and Chromecast to be compatable devices?? It is a waste of one of my chosen devices!
2 REPLIES 2
BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User  It doesn't.  I use the Chromecast with the Android app without the phone being one of my four allocated apps.  If you delete the phone from one of your four device slots, you have to remember to press the cast button before streaming any content.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As @BicBasher has mentioned, if you press the cast button before you select the content to view this will only count your Chromecast as your device, If you play the content on your phone 1st then cast it will count as 2 devices.

Cheers

Andy